2015 Bad/Failing BCM? Reprogramming needed?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I have a 2015 that's new to me and it has several electronic glitches. I had a 15 before that didn't act like this that I can recall. The biggest issue is the theft deterrent preventing it from starting on occasion. Usually a few cycles of the key and it starts fine. I often get pop-ups during startup about theft deterrent and front camera not working even though it has no camera that I know of. My display on the dash and radio switch randomly, but mostly when I use my blue tooth it won't go back to the previous screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
I have seen a few with radio and Bluetooth issues as you describe and it ended up being the human interface module. Not sure about your anti theft issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
I had similar issues in my 2011 and it was definately the BCM. Changed it out nd had to get it synced to my truck by GM dealer. Worked great after that

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I want to say I remember something about Bluetooth and display not switching back. It may have just been a software update to both the HMI and Radio modules. I just think GM worked more with Apple in regards to Bluetooth function then Android.

As far as theft issue. I’ve had a couple of the keys go bad but it didn’t cause a front camera message. I actually wonder if there are some codes attached to when these messages pop up. Possible a module is slow to wake up causing a communication issue and that’s why it takes a couple key cycles.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I do have a spare key I can try to see what that does thanks. I though all of this was tired to a weak battery. Since I was having a lot of issues and then replaced the batteries and they seemed to go away for a while, but now they are back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Check ignition fuse under the hood. I had some loosen up on the crimps the fuse slides into. Had a intermittent problem just as you are describing.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Looks like the issue was a bad ground wire. After checking several things one cool day I grabbed the ground wire and it was warm. I replaced the ground and haven’t had a problem since. I’ve seen issues with GMs ground wires since they went back to top posts in 07. Not to say it won’t pop up since it was intermittent, but the last couple of weeks have been good.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Glad you got it fixed.

Its not just GM. Alot of new cars are like this. The new systems are voltage sensitive. When I was working in the shop, I saw a few cars like this. It's not just limited to cables either. People dont clean the battery terminals on new batteries is usually the number 1 cause that I saw. Followed by the cables.

Nothing more satisfying then fixing a car that's been to multiple shops and 2 of them dealers that could not fix the problem.