2014 LML passenger side overflow constantly full while engine side is low. Passenger side is pressurized and spews bubbles.

Rotto

Feb 20, 2022
2014 LML passenger side overflow constantly full while engine side is low. Passenger side is pressurized and spews bubbles. Cooled overnight and pressure remains. new rad cap didn't help. I bring it to operating temp and on restart shows 'low coolant'.

660catman

May 18, 2021
I hate to say it but head gaskets. My truck was doing the same thing. It’s in getting done right now.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

660catman

May 18, 2021
@Rotto, your silence tells me you have discovered how much it will cost for repairs. I was shocked too but more pissed off. I just bought truck back in May. All stock and only 158k kilometres on it. Lots of opinions and suggestions on here for repairs.
I personally went with ARP studs instead of head bolts even though I was keeping it stock. Three mechanics I talked to recommended them. Also recommended was a water pump change. Good luck in your repair. I should have mine back this week.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
@Rotto, your silence tells me you have discovered how much it will cost for repairs. I was shocked too but more pissed off. I just bought truck back in May. All stock and only 158k kilometres on it. Lots of opinions and suggestions on here for repairs.
I personally went with ARP studs instead of head bolts even though I was keeping it stock. Three mechanics I talked to recommended them. Also recommended was a water pump change. Good luck in your repair. I should have mine back this week.

I'm not normally one to recommend replacing parts that aren't bad, but my water pump literally went bad almost the day after I finished head gaskets on my truck. At a minimum a person should replace the stud with a small allen headed bolt so it can be removed without pulling the balancer.

660catman

May 18, 2021
I'm not normally one to recommend replacing parts that aren't bad, but my water pump literally went bad almost the day after I finished head gaskets on my truck. At a minimum a person should replace the stud with a small allen headed bolt so it can be removed without pulling the balancer.

I don’t either but the three guys who I talked to said at this point you should. Cost of the pump is negligible considering all costs involved.