2012 silverado 1500

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
So I'm not very savy when it comes to all things suspension. Got a friend with a new to him 2012 chevy 1500 ccsb and asked me about leveling kits and lift kits. he said 33" tires most likely and no more that 4" of lift is what he is after. Thing is I have no clue when it comes to suspensions who has a decent lift. Or what an average price is. Any of you suspension guys know anything about these or am I better off getting on a gasser forum and trying to dig up info out of them?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So I'm not very savy when it comes to all things suspension. Got a friend with a new to him 2012 chevy 1500 ccsb and asked me about leveling kits and lift kits. he said 33" tires most likely and no more that 4" of lift is what he is after. Thing is I have no clue when it comes to suspensions who has a decent lift. Or what an average price is. Any of you suspension guys know anything about these or am I better off getting on a gasser forum and trying to dig up info out of them?

Rough country leveling kit should get you to 33s unless he wants to go to a crazy offset wheel. In which case do the rough country 3.5" kit.

The leveling kit takes 15 minutes to install if you have a lift. Little longer on the floor but it's very easy to install.

I think leveling kit is under $100 I can't remember for exact. 3.5" is around $500 optioned out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greendury

Jan 28, 2011
My wife's half ton crew has the rough country leveling kit. It clears a 285/55/20 nittos on a 20x9 bmf wheel. I did have to trim inner fenders though.

wade_660

Jun 7, 2015
3.5" rough country kit will give you bad angles. He will be able to clear 33's on an oem wheel with a 2.5" leveling kit. If not, he could add a 1.5" body lift which doesn't look bad at all. If all else fails, the rc 5" kit is decent.