2011 terrain

Llyduckhunter

Apr 3, 2015
Iowa
I have a 2011 terrain slt with the 3.0l can’t find any information on the web about if you can dump a 3.6l in it being as a lot of the parts are interchangeable.. I was hoping some one on here could provide any information because the 3.0l is insanely priced for high mileage motors they want around 2k for and I can pick up a 3.6l with 30k on it for $500 bucks any help would be greatly appreciated so the wife quits nagging on me to get her car fixed so she doesn’t have to drive my truck..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have a 2011 terrain slt with the 3.0l can’t find any information on the web about if you can dump a 3.6l in it being as a lot of the parts are interchangeable.. I was hoping some one on here could provide any information because the 3.0l is insanely priced for high mileage motors they want around 2k for and I can pick up a 3.6l with 30k on it for $500 bucks any help would be greatly appreciated so the wife quits nagging on me to get her car fixed so she doesn’t have to drive my truck..

Following. Our 2013 terrain has the 2.4 POS they call an engine. Burns oil worse than a 300k mi Cummins and it froze the PCV valve blowing the rear main seal out. Luckily GM is covering it under a "special bulletin" and replacing a boat load of stuff (one of them being pistons/rings).

Do they (3.0 & 3.6) share the same ECM?

Llyduckhunter

Apr 3, 2015
Iowa
Following. Our 2013 terrain has the 2.4 POS they call an engine. Burns oil worse than a 300k mi Cummins and it froze the PCV valve blowing the rear main seal out. Luckily GM is covering it under a "special bulletin" and replacing a boat load of stuff (one of them being pistons/rings).

Do they (3.0 & 3.6) share the same ECM?

That I’m not 100% on. This motor has been a pos too we have had all sorts of problems with it and now a dead miss on #2 cylinder with no compression on that cylinder. I will look into the ecm see if it’s the same from what I can tell the harness for the engine is identical but that’s going off pictures on the Internet.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Id start by looking at hp tuners and see if the ecm is supported or look at other tuning options. Work forward from there.