2011 Silverado Climate Control Module

CCI41

Nov 3, 2021
Display lights went bad. Module worked OK by the hunt method of choosing heat-cool-direction of air flow, but could not read display. None of Chevrolet dealers I have queried can get me a replacement. Found Cardone 4C-1004 through O'Reilly Auto. Replaced old with the Cardone. Everything works, except A/C. Now having difficulty getting a replacement for that. Chevrolet dealer tested and indicated that a couple of the pins on the control module are shorted to ground, internal to the module. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Try the Dorman part number 599-190? Reman, $450 at Autozone with a $200 core charge refund. Looked to be available online.

CCI41

Nov 3, 2021
Try the Dorman part number 599-190? Reman, $450 at Autozone with a $200 core charge refund. Looked to be available online.
Thanks very much. The Dorman 599-190 is the correct reman replacement that I need. However, for nearly 2 years I have gone to parts house after parts house, including several Chev dealers. All of them show the 599-190 in their available for order list, but when they make contact with Dorman, they are told that the items is not available. Another direct reman replacement part is Cardone 4C-1004. Same story. It shows in parts houses database as orderable, but when it is ordered, they are informed it is not available. May have to try salvage yards.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You could always get a used one from a wrecked truck by looking thru www.car-part.com. I searched your 2011 Silverado, Heater/AC Control (I guessed option CJ2 with defrost) and came back with about 40 available here in Michigan. You may have the same luck wherever you live.

Guys, Im not as familiar with the -900 stuff as the -800, but dont new modules still need to be programmed to the truck when replacing them?

Last edited:

CCI41

Nov 3, 2021
You could always get a used one from a wrecked truck by looking thru car-part.com. I searched your 2011 Silverado, Heater/AC Control (I guessed option CJ2 with defrost) and came back with about 40 available here in Michigan. You may have the same luck wherever you live.
Thank you.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Thanks very much. The Dorman 599-190 is the correct reman replacement that I need. However, for nearly 2 years I have gone to parts house after parts house, including several Chev dealers. All of them show the 599-190 in their available for order list, but when they make contact with Dorman, they are told that the items is not available. Another direct reman replacement part is Cardone 4C-1004. Same story. It shows in parts houses database as orderable, but when it is ordered, they are informed it is not available. May have to try salvage yards.

Interesting. That must be super frustrating when you get down to paying for the item and find out it's out of stock. Good idea to go junkyarding - I've been looking for a good site for awhile. Thanks Tom.

CCI41

Nov 3, 2021
You could always get a used one from a wrecked truck by looking thru www.car-part.com. I searched your 2011 Silverado, Heater/AC Control (I guessed option CJ2 with defrost) and came back with about 40 available here in Michigan. You may have the same luck wherever you live.

Guys, Im not as familiar with the -900 stuff as the -800, but dont new modules still need to be programmed to the truck when replacing them?
Thanks much. Tried your idea of salvage yard. Got a good one at a fair and reasonable price. Do not know why I did not think of that. When I was younger, salvage yards is where I went, first, for parts. CC