2010 SoCal Diesel Expansion

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
SoCal Diesel is pleased to announce our 2010 expansion is almost complete. :D

We have added an additional 3100 sq ft (to be used as a dedicated Research and Development facility.) In addition to our existing Faro Platinum arm and Superflow SF600 flowbench, this makes a perfect place to install our newest addition, a Superflow Chassis Dyno. :thumb:

Our Manufacturing dept. has also added an additional Hass VF-4 CNC machine. This brings our total to 6 CNC machines, 3 Horizontal (5 axis machines) and 3 Vertical (4 axis machines).

I would like to personally thank all of you who have supported us over the years. :hug:

We have some exciting new products to be released in 2010, so stay tuned!

Guy

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
Sounds great Guy! Cant wait to see what you have to come out with this year.

Ever thought of getting an engine dyno?

I see the need for both.

I have been working on the engine dyno problem for a couple of years. The problem being that most can't handle the torque at such a low rpm. And those that can, lack the proper controls/instrumentation to do any kind of decent repeatable research. There have been lots of promises, but when push came to shove, they couldn't properly control the engine.

I'm used to having my own engine dyno, I had one for around 15 years. But that was for gassers. I haven't given up. We will be conducting some tests on yet another engine dyno in the near future. Let's hope this one does what it is supposed to.

Are we having a dyno day soon?:D

I'm thinking we are going to have to celebrate with some sort of party. :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's great, Guy. Glad to hear business is doing well in these tough times.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I see the need for both.

I have been working on the engine dyno problem for a couple of years. The problem being that most can't handle the torque at such a low rpm. And those that can, lack the proper controls/instrumentation to do any kind of decent repeatable research. There have been lots of promises, but when push came to shove, they couldn't properly control the engine.

I'm used to having my own engine dyno, I had one for around 15 years. But that was for gassers. I haven't given up. We will be conducting some tests on yet another engine dyno in the near future. Let's hope this one does what it is supposed to.

We have an older Taylor hydraulic dyno at work that we have had great luck with. Only problems we have had out of it are broken driveshafts. It has seen over 4000ftlbs of torque and never missed a lick. Only issue I can see with it and the duramax is its rpm limited to 4k:(

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Bizarre Idea:

Make a Dummy Car. (Mike L can be the passenger ;))

Nothing but a frame with easy provisions to attach to dyno. Make it about 8' long. It can even have casters on the front instead of tires. Think engine stand with back tires. No transmission, just an adapter, slip joint, and drive shaft. Put a ballast box on top of the axle. Needs open rear end so you can wheel it around the shop. Two arms and two extra casters, and you can fold it up against the wall when not being used, like a cherry picker.

Last edited:

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
Bizarre Idea:

Make a Dummy Car. (Mike L can be the passenger ;))

Nothing but a frame with easy provisions to attach to dyno. Make it about 8' long. It can even have casters on the front instead of tires. Think engine stand with back tires. No transmission, just an adapter, slip joint, and drive shaft. Put a ballast box on top of the axle. Needs open rear end so you can wheel it around the shop. Two arms and two extra casters, and you can fold it up against the wall when not being used, like a cherry picker.

Great minds do think alike. :D

This very concept has been batted around the shop here the last few weeks. :cool2:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
sounds cool Guy! Glad to hear things are going well...too bad Im on the other side of the country, otherwise Id probably be stopping by/bothering you every day. :D

check your voicemail! :p: