2008 lmm p0088

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Kind of stumped and looking for some insight.

Fuel pressure is all over the place. Did command vs actual drive into work this morning.

Idling, commanding 45mpa, actual was dipping down into 20 and ramping up to 60 and slowly going back down to 45 and dropping down below it and ramping back up again,

Going down the road while in 6th gear locked, mpa was calling for 75 mpa. It was going down to 60 and ramping up to 85. Not very consistent.

Wot pulls, i would some times see 200mpa, , but it would hold with no issues through the gears around the commanded 190mpa

They are ridge runner tunes. What's throwing me off is we have receipts of the for and pigtail bring replaced in 2017.

I'm leaning towards and fpr.

I also unplugged the lift pump (ppe) to see if it changed it and it did not change it at all. It might of not ramped up past the command mpa, but it still dropped down to 20mpa and ramped up at idle, effected the idle it ramped so hard.

Any thoughts?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I guess I'll swap out the regulator tonight if I can track one down, just seems odd that it was just changed 3 years ago. It's not really a common thing that passes through my shop and it has me second guessing myself. Thanks!

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Just got the truck from the contractor. Wanted to bump this up. A shop did indeed replace this fpr in the truck and the pigtail. When I pulled the fpr out I noticed no markings of it being a bosch oem genuine fuel pressure regulator. I installed the new bosch genuine oem part. Fired up the truck. Idles very good, actual vs desired is spot on.

Very unfortunate people have to deal with kind of crap.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Thanks for the update. Yeah, others have been burned by non Bosch parts and had to pay twice for a repair. Ebay special for you 😁