2006 LBZ dip stick blowing out under high boost

cardiac

Jul 19, 2014
Jeff City, MO.
Put 50000 miles on new engine with no issues and now at 38 to 40psi boost on the stock 63mm turbo with bat wheel the dip stick pulls up about 2.5 inch and blows oil all over the firewall. Have stock valve cover pvc outlets rerouted to the bottom. Tried new oring on dip stick still does it. Does anyone make replacement breather cap for the valve covers? Thanks Joe 573-691-0095

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you might want to see why you have that much blow by. are you running forged pistons? this isnt a typical issue from what you are posting.

DHD makes an adapter to -10 an for the stock valve cover breather but you need to pull the valve cover and verify the check valve is operating correctly and is not stuck.

usually guys will change to a different valve cover like one from Socal Diesel to run a larger breather port.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would be doing a compression check and leak down test before dropping money on a billet valve cover…

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Or just try taking the pcv valves out completely to start and see if that reduces your crankcase pressure at all. I've run very loose clearances and never run into excessive pressure issues, but I have run into weird case pressure issues on stock long blocks, and a thorough check over the venting system usually fixes the problem.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Is there a kit to delete it, or is that a no no

To delete the PCV? you can pull the diaphragm but like others have said, you need to inspect the system and make sure everything is working properly. Don't just do things to do things, make educated decisions instead.