2006 colorado turbo ??

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
So my friend has an 06 3.5l colorado automatic with 81,000 miles. He/we have been talking about possibly putting together a turbo/kit, any advice or info that I need to know?? Like the turbo and what not

Thanks!

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
There are times reading threads here when i see somthing i think would be super cool to try. But then Ben rains on my parade, with superior facts and knowledge.

I dont know how he knows all the stuff he does but he knows his shit

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Probably easiest would be to switch to the E67 ECM that was used in the 2008-2012 Colorados...it is an extremely powerful and easy to work with controller that supports lots of boost in factory configuration. (E67 is what the CTS-V and ZR1 vette use)

You'll have to swap harnesses, or swap connectors though; as the P12 and E67 have different connectors.

Ben

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
Probably easiest would be to switch to the E67 ECM that was used in the 2008-2012 Colorados...it is an extremely powerful and easy to work with controller that supports lots of boost in factory configuration. (E67 is what the CTS-V and ZR1 vette use)

You'll have to swap harnesses, or swap connectors though; as the P12 and E67 have different connectors.

Ben

Interesting.. Thanks for the input!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
A 62mm on 8lbs would wake that little 3.5L right up. Met a guy in phoenix with one back when I had my Colorado.

I ended up going 1 step cooler spark plugs and putting the bottle on it. 50hp shot woke it up and Mike L did some tricks to the 4L60.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Guys on Colorado Fans and Performance Trucks have had forced induction on the Colorado's since 2008.

Yes, piggyback widgets and the standard typical MAF tricks will work of course with the P12...but Im just picky and like things to be all factory.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthrea...LL8-Motor-swap-into-a-240sx-Preswap-questions

Its just that the E67 is actually setup for boost from the factory, and is much easier to tune with higher resolution tables.

I probably shouldnt have sold the P12 short as I initially did....but if it were me building it, I would swap to an E67.

Ben

hacklerjason

Jun 13, 2016
Can any one help with information on an egr delete? Does it actually help.
On what? And it goes like this
Initially the epa went after NOx in tailpipe emissions
The makers out egr on to reduce NOx
The egr system recircs some of the exhaust back into the ports
This in turn reduces the amount of NOx, as well as available o² for the fuel to completely burn
That reduction in o² is what creates soot, or PM(Particulate Matter)
To remedy that, they put on dpf filters

If you remove the dpf and leave egr, you have a sooty mess
If you remove egr and dpf, you have less soot and higher NOx

NOx and Sulphur mixed with moisture in the air make "acid rain"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hacklerjason

Jun 13, 2016
Sorry for the dig up... You never got an answer and I'm just cruising the threads... If you need help with deletes pm and I may be able to help out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk