2005 lly

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ok, but did you confirm it's not leaking/bypassing fuel? New parts fail, can be installed incorrectly etc.
That's a good point. You can see in some of the pictures that actual pressure is lower than the demand. One has it as low as 24 mpa. Either the pump is not making the pressure or the pressure is bleeding off somewhere

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That's a good point. You can see in some of the pictures that actual pressure is lower than the demand. One has it as low as 24 mpa
That's what has me a bit confused. I don't think it is a regulator issue but a data log would help determine that by seeing if the reg is being commanded to full volume when desired/actual start to separate.

At 124k miles it wouldn't be the lowest set of failed injectors or pump I've seen but it's definitely down there in terms of mileage on an LLY.

@nitrochad, do you have an efilive device where you can take a datalog?

Reactions: 2004LB7

nitrochad

May 28, 2023
Wi
That's a good point. You can see in some of the pictures that actual pressure is lower than the demand. One has it as low as 24 mpa. Either the pump is not making the pressure or the pressure is bleeding off somewhere
That's why I am thinking it's the frp solenoid

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Pictures. Injector balance rates are from 0 to a max of 3 on #1 cylinder all the others are lower. Just cruising along frp actual and commanded is 70, truck runs fine.
Your MAF also seems to be reading insanely high based on the pic showing a desired idle speed of 800rpm. Is this actually idling at 800rpm? Typical idle is sub 700rpm and MAF is generally 35-40g/s, you're ~3x that if that data is at idle.

That's why I am thinking it's the frp solenoid
Let's not "think", let's know. What I mean is you have some more diagnostic work to complete. We can only advise based on the information you provide us and right now there is nothing conclusive other than rail pressure is a below desired in just about every case. What current (mA) is commanded/actual for the regulator?

Reactions: 2004LB7

nitrochad

May 28, 2023
Wi
I again on the frp. Just not sure what is causing it yet. Like I said truck runs fine at idle just intermediate miss at times while cruising or foot is in it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
@nitrochad, what we need is concise answers to the questions asked or else we can't really help accurately. Your problem could be caused by many things.

Does the truck have this symptom when turned all the way down or even better yet does it do it on a bone stock tune? IE flashing in a bone stock file with zero modifications.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Do you have any way to take a datalog like an EFILive autocal/flashscan or even an Edge CS/CTS device?

Is the truck tuned via EFI or does it have tuning via like an Edge, Bully Dog, Banks, Superchips etc? I'm assuming EFILive but I want to confirm.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Efi live. I can probably get a log
If you can get a log that would be awesome! I uploaded my PID files here if you'd like, it has everything in them to make life easier.