2004 LLY Crank no start need help!

802duramaxlly

Mar 26, 2022
Hi I have been fighting a crank no start for 4 months now with no luck any help would be greatly appreciated. The motor was swapped into a different body same year truck, I did head gaskets and head studs while the motor was out. I used everything from the other truck, all wiring harnesses, computers, steering column, BCM, TCM, FICM, used the Duramax frame, just different cab. I have a p0089 fuel pressure regulator code, high fuel rail pressure about 18,000 psi and desired is around 6,000. I just put in a new fuel pressure regulator , same issue. The truck doesn't even smoke or want to turn over, just cranks crank cranks. I just installed a lift pump and deleted the fuel filter housing, I tried my FICM in another durmax and that truck ran great. What am I missing? Checked all grounds, checked fuses, did key relearn multiple times. does not show oil pressure while cranking either Truck has great compression as well.

Thank you

Casey

802duramaxlly

Mar 26, 2022
I had a couple anti theft codes but I got those to go away, any reason it still could be and isn’t throwing a code or showing security light? Is there anyway to bypass anti theft all together? How could I test the cam and crank sensor

Thanks

4dailyrunner

Mar 26, 2022
crank and or cam sensor

While researching this model, I saw quite few YouTube videos about this. The piece that holds the sensor (1) bends (2) is defective or (3) vibrates loose.

The sensor disengages and becomes an open circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
X2 on crank or cam sensor, have You triple checked they aren't plugged in wrong? Like cam in crank and vice versa

79LT1Monte

Apr 18, 2022
Are you seeing RPM signal on your scan tool? If you see RPM and it's not smoking while cranking I would lean towards cam sensor