2002 LB7 Voltage Issues

kevincolyar

Nov 12, 2020
Update: Another thing I stumbled across that points to the CTS3; The other morning I went to start the truck and my grip slipped while turning and I only got a crank, maybe two, without the truck starting. This was enough to have the CTS3 begin it's startup sequence. I immediatly started the truck after (didn't struggle) that and no clock reset. So something the CTS3 is doing at startup along with starting the truck at the same time is resetting the clock.

Still waiting to hear back from Edge's support on this issue and my boost base reading being 14 psi.

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Update: Another thing I stumbled across that points to the CTS3; The other morning I went to start the truck and my grip slipped while turning and I only got a crank, maybe two, without the truck starting. This was enough to have the CTS3 begin it's startup sequence. I immediatly started the truck after (didn't struggle) that and no clock reset. So something the CTS3 is doing at startup along with starting the truck at the same time is resetting the clock.

Still waiting to hear back from Edge's support on this issue and my boost base reading being 14 psi.

Please keep us updated. My edge CTS3 will power itself down if I wait to start my truck and it is so annoying! It will say voltage low. And then give me the option to continue then it turns itself off and I have to unplug it and plug it back in every time. It is so annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevincolyar

Nov 12, 2020
Please keep us updated. My edge CTS3 will power itself down if I wait to start my truck and it is so annoying! It will say voltage low. And then give me the option to continue then it turns itself off and I have to unplug it and plug it back in every time. It is so annoying

The CTS3 says "voltage low" or the truck does? How long are you waiting to start the truck before it gives you that message?

I'm approaching ten custom updates sent to my CTS3 from Edge to try to fix my boost gauge reading 14 psi at idle (and going up from there with load). Apparently my truck is the only one they've ever heard of reseting the radio clock on startup.

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
My CTS says voltage low and will shut itself off. Not the truck, sorry about the confusion

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
My cts3 is an outright piece of shit. Mine also does the low voltage message. But I’ll watch it shut down when I shut the truck off, but then I’ll come back later and it’ll be locked up with that message. And just recently the truck threw a code and it was a ‘u’ code saying lost communication with the tcm. Now no gear indicator. I’m working on the latest update I did right out of the box. Seriously thinking about returning it and getting the cts2. It had its glitches but was way more reliable. Only reason I got the 3 was the 2 was taken from the truck when it was stollen.