2002 CCSB LB7 tow rig/daily now turning into fun daily :)

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Well now that I sold the shorty race truck, I had an itch and tuned my truck with Danville tunes. That was a huge mistake as now my daily/tow rig will be getting some fun upgrades soon. My goal is a stock appearing engine bay that will still be able to tow decently but be making around 650-700HP.

Plans:
*Build transmission with Goerend internals and Torque converter
*5 inch straight pipe (Currently has 4" however I love the sound of the 5")
*HSP intake & intake horn (was thinking possibly S&B since it is more stock appearing but have heard excellent reviews about the HSP)
* 3" downpipe and possibly some steed speed manifolds/up pipes
*100% over injectors
*10mm or sportsman CP3

Here are the questions!

* I was thinking a 64MM drop in turbo would be best for me since I would still like to tow but be competitive in the work stock pulling class and would be fun on the strip. What would you guys recommend for company and also if you have ran a drop in turbo how did you like it?

* Would a sportsman CP3 be enough for the 100% over injectors or should I look into a 10/12MM pump?

* What else would you recommend upgrades wise?

02 ccsb lb7 truck.jpg

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I’m running a 64mm drop in my ’01 LB7. Picked it up from WoldFab. I’m also interested in the ones from Dans Diesel Performance. My tuning is from PPEI. I like the way it tows. Nothing heavy though. No point since wife has ’19 L5P Dually. Mine just rides the bench unless her’s has an issue.

Reactions: RMJ_LB7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That’s a lot of fuel and not a lot of air to get the power you want with decreased spool time from stock. Not a good combo for reliability. You’re still at decent risk of cracking pistons as they are not delipped.

You need more air or lower your hp expectations

But I won’t stop you, I like a good “push her” build

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
I’m running a 64mm drop in my ’01 LB7. Picked it up from WoldFab. I’m also interested in the ones from Dans Diesel Performance. My tuning is from PPEI. I like the way it tows. Nothing heavy though. No point since wife has ’19 L5P Dually. Mine just rides the bench unless her’s has an issue.

What fuel setup are you running? Any other mods?

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
That’s a lot of fuel and not a lot of air to get the power you want with decreased spool time from stock. Not a good combo for reliability. You’re still at decent risk of cracking pistons as they are not delipped.

You need more air or lower your hp expectations

But I won’t stop you, I like a good “push her” build

Would you recommend more around the 60% over size injectors? I figured tuner would be able to tune down the injectors and would be running less US so less chances of cracking a piston? I could be completely wrong but I thought it was always better to run less US....

Would you recommend going to the 67 then or stick with the 64 but have 600ish HP expectations?

Thanks for the response!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You are miles ahead with an sxe363 or other turbos that do not use the stock exhaust side or center section

• Sad

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
What fuel setup are you running? Any other mods?

Only a FASS lift pump with beans sump for fuel mods. Trans is built. Thanks to Mike. Banks I/C and pipes. S&B intake. 3in turbo horn. Banks wastegate. Port matched manifolds and polished. Did this to BD manifold on driver side. PPE up-pipes And down pipe. 4” exhaust. Fluidampr

I plan on real fuel mods later but I want to build bottom end first when that happens. And like you I’m trying to keep turbocharger stock appearing. Otherwise s300 for sure with my minimal power goals

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
20x9 wheels fixed.jpg
Picked up these 20x9 wheels for only $150 so going to throw some street 285.50r20 tires on it for when I take the truck to the track and just nice summer setup. Now just need a built transmission to be able to shift to 5th gear on a good tune!