2.5 stage II size

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Actually no it is not good info at all! Mike, you are talking about to completely different turbos and spreading bad info. The DP BMW 2.5 Stg2 is a 63.5mm/88mm LLy Batmowheel turbo with the LLy turbine housing and highflow turbine wheel that measures 67mm. It lights faster than stock and is a great charger choice for power levels from stock to 700hp with proper fueling. I have never had anyone complain about driveability with it. The sled pulling turbo that Mike is referring to is a custom 2.5 that was built from a Billet 4094va cart and the comp wheel was re-contoured from 68mm/94mm to 2.5 class rules and a cover made to match the wheel. Sounds like Mike some how ending up with one of those turbos and would explain why he had issues with it for daily driving. It was built for a specific class rule and daily driving was not part of that. I don't even offer them except for sled pullers that have to have them and it is a special order turbo. My guess is he got ahold of a used one maybe from someone online.

Dozerboy-Depending on atmosphere charger you choose it will give you between 650-800hp with instant response when fueled.

That would explain why I was un happy with it. The one I ended up with was the 63.5/94 sled puller turbo. Didn't realize you offered 2 different 2.5's. Guess I should keep my mouth shut. I don't even remember who I bought the turbo from but it was a guy off of duramax diesels forum. Main reason I was un happy with it is because I didn't have a clue what I was buying and was told it was a 68mm Danville turbo so I bought it. Measured it and it was only a 63.5 so instantly I was pissed but was reassured by the seller that I got exactly what he described in the ad...which wasn't true. But I did get a pretty good deal on the turbo so I didn't bother sending it back to the guy for my money back and just decided to run it...couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't a real 68mm so I found everything I could to complain about it after a little while.

It did spool instantly and I was even way under fueling it. I was on stock injectors and not even max effort tuning. My fault for not knowing what I was doing/buying.

Currently run a Danville 72 and couldn't be happier.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
That would explain why I was un happy with it. The one I ended up with was the 63.5/94 sled puller turbo. Didn't realize you offered 2 different 2.5's. Guess I should keep my mouth shut. I don't even remember who I bought the turbo from but it was a guy off of duramax diesels forum. Main reason I was un happy with it is because I didn't have a clue what I was buying and was told it was a 68mm Danville turbo so I bought it. Measured it and it was only a 63.5 so instantly I was pissed but was reassured by the seller that I got exactly what he described in the ad...which wasn't true. But I did get a pretty good deal on the turbo so I didn't bother sending it back to the guy for my money back and just decided to run it...couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't a real 68mm so I found everything I could to complain about it after a little while.

It did spool instantly and I was even way under fueling it. I was on stock injectors and not even max effort tuning. My fault for not knowing what I was doing/buying.

Currently run a Danville 72 and couldn't be happier.

And it's not your fault because you didn't know at the time. I hate it when people sell something used and will say whatever it takes to make the sale. I'm sorry that you were mislead by someone selling a turbo of mine and left a bad taste in your mouth. The 72mm is a beast and I'm glad you are happier with it!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
And it's not your fault because you didn't know at the time. I hate it when people sell something used and will say whatever it takes to make the sale. I'm sorry that you were mislead by someone selling a turbo of mine and left a bad taste in your mouth. The 72mm is a beast and I'm glad you are happier with it!

I appreciate your understanding and yes, deffinately love the 72!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I appreciate your understanding and yes, deffinately love the 72!

Not a problem! I love the 72mmvgt, it holds all the vgt records! Most hp as a single(894hp), twinned(1105hp) and tripled(1151+hp), and fastest 1/4miles as a single(10.96@127mph), and twined(9.43@148mph)! If you are into VGT turbos it is the top dog, period!:thumb: