16x10 backspacing?

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
I'm about to order my M&H's tommorrow, but I am not sure what backspacing wheels to get. I am going to get the 30/14-16 Cheaters, and putting them on 16x10 somethings.... Any ideas?

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
If I am understanding this right, a 4.5 backspace wheel will work too right? It means I'll have the tire .5" closer to the springs than with the 5" correct?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
If I am understanding this right, a 4.5 backspace wheel will work too right? It means I'll have the tire .5" closer to the springs than with the 5" correct?

Yes, they will stick out a bit. But isn't a big deal.

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
no chit huh? maybe I should have drawn a picture... :rolleyes: i'm such a tard some times :eek:

Adam, i think he beat you to it by, if i did my calculations right, 4 hours... im not sure that constitutes 'about ready to'...... :D

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
I used someone's link to a 1983 microsoft paint picture of a wheel with descriptions of off set and backspacing, it helped a little......

the good part about it all is that i got my wheels on tuesday, my M and H's on wednesday, and i hung them on the truck tonight..... they look schweet.... have to get wheel screws though, with the tires cold they spun half way around the rim :eek: i'm not looking foward to drilling 8 holes in each of my brand new wheels....

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I used someone's link to a 1983 microsoft paint picture of a wheel with descriptions of off set and backspacing, it helped a little......

the good part about it all is that i got my wheels on tuesday, my M and H's on wednesday, and i hung them on the truck tonight..... they look schweet.... have to get wheel screws though, with the tires cold they spun half way around the rim :eek: i'm not looking foward to drilling 8 holes in each of my brand new wheels....

:nopic:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
OK back on topic. Interesting the spun so much :eek:

Did they happen to use to much soap when they mounted them? We had one set of ET streets that did that on the Meanie. But, never had a problem 3 or 4 sets later.

Never had them spin on Casper.

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
It's nice to be single....

IMG_1281.jpg

rushingbc

< I drive slow trucks
Sep 3, 2006
Beaufort, SC
that's a good question... It looks like there is a little residue around the bead and just a little on the wheel.

I bought tubes and they couldnt get the threaded valve stems through the holes. I've been thinking of breaking them back down and dremeling the hole out just enough to make them fit. After the fact the 'tire guy' says they only just barely didnt fit.......

I guess if I do that I can clean the wheel up really well.