158 MPH Max speed?

bradendraper

Sep 9, 2022
I recently bought an 2017 L5P that had been deleted but possibly not done correctly. i have a service emission system, see owners manual code come up but no check engine light. it also says 70 miles until max speed of 158 MPH. Yes 158. local shop says its a tuning issue and will have to be "un-deleted", anyone dealt with this before?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
If it says xx miles until max speed of xx mph that is an issue with the DEF system. It’s very common to have a communication issue at the DEF module.

Also once you get that message, it is very hard to get it to go away since the implementation of “permanent” codes

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If it says xx miles until max speed of xx mph that is an issue with the DEF system. It’s very common to have a communication issue at the DEF module.

Also once you get that message, it is very hard to get it to go away since the implementation of “permanent” codes
Re-uploading the tune seems to be the only way to clear them short of a successful drive test

Reactions: clding

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
In his case, he may have to re-hook a full def tank back up as well so the truck actually sees that. I know of ways to clear it when not deleted, different story when deleted

kaylabryn

May 18, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Curious if you wouldn't mind elaborating on this? I had a friend recently that had a "Permanent" DEF code on his 2021 and was trying to get home to Yuma without driving 55 the whole way or less. But I couldn't find any info about resetting or??