1470hp on a stock engine...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
they show the graph in the video. its only making 1600ft lbs of torque so them rods must have been built on a thursday. at the end of the day, you can make that dyno read what you want for youtube views. i take it with a grain of salt

Reactions: MarkBroviak

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
they show the graph in the video. its only making 1600ft lbs of torque so them rods must have been built on a thursday. at the end of the day, you can make that dyno read what you want for youtube views. i take it with a grain of salt
I’d be curious to see the rpm they’re running it at. We know 1200ft lbs is enough to bend rods under 2500 rpm but what about at 4000 rpm 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Your right on both. Its hard to get a good look at the graph, but I didn't see a shift spike or anything.

I wonder if they didn't at least put valve springs on that thing? Peak torque and horsepower were up over 4000rpms. I can't see the stock springs taking that. Of course I'm not even sure if you could do anything to help the valves out without removing the heads.

I only heard them say a 12mm stroker for fuel. I don't think you can make more than 1200 horsepower with only 1...
Still entertaining and I don't think they have any reason to try and inflation Dmax numbers. I thought they where mostly a a cummins shop.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Your right on both. Its hard to get a good look at the graph, but I didn't see a shift spike or anything.

I wonder if they didn't at least put valve springs on that thing? Peak torque and horsepower were up over 4000rpms. I can't see the stock springs taking that. Of course I'm not even sure if you could do anything to help the valves out without removing the heads.

I only heard them say a 12mm stroker for fuel. I don't think you can make more than 1200 horsepower with only 1...
Still entertaining and I don't think they have any reason to try and inflation Dmax numbers. I thought they where mostly a a cummins shop.
So this is and isn't true. You can make over 1200hp on a single 12mm IF you're burning every drop of fuel that pump puts out which they did when they sprayed the balls off of it.

Reactions: Dozerboy

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
He also Claimed to have some generic "Cheap" 100 over nozzles on the Stock injectors about 33-35 seconds in just after he mentions the Exergy 12mm pump

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

they kinda do have a reason to inflate numbers, its for the views and its a very good reason. They can make a good bit of coin off their videos as views and subscribers go up.

that said, 4500 seems to be the valve float area with drive/boost pressure is not massive. not sure on the boost they ran their but at 4500, you can see it start rolling off hard and fast. thats valve float happening.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
At what RPM do the rods "self-adjust"???
I can't say I've seen a stock rod fail simply due to RPM. I've seen it happen in the aftermarket where engines have ran away and gone to 7000rpm+ but 5000rpm on a stock bottom end isn't going to send a connecting rod to jesus.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
At what RPM do the rods "self-adjust"???
I know this is old but after having a customer push a stock motor to 1460hp calculated by track time vs weight I will say that is possible to do it although not the smartest thing to do lol. As far as your question about rpm and self-adjusting, it isn't the rpm but the cylinder pressure generated which is related to the torque it makes which is usually at a slower rpm so the faster you spin it the better off you are in this situation. Rpm failure is usually rod bolt related and I have never seen that with a dmax and I've seen 5200rpms on a stock motor and 7000rpms on built motors without rod bearing or bolt issues. James is correct that stock valvetrain likes to float around 4600rpms depending on the combo and load.