100% Over Injectors

Bill H

Street Toy
Aug 25, 2011
VA
Mark / Larry
I am considering new exergy injectors for my lly
considering all that I have do you feel 100% over will create any unforseen issues?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Not necessarily. If you want to take full advantage of a 100% over injector, yes it will destroy your stock motor. But the tuning doesn't need to be on kill mode, they are more than able to make them work.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
I have them on a stock bottom end. If you plan on building the motor later on, by all means get them. They can be tuned way back. But that's as far as you plan on going just do 40-60 overs. I kind of wish I went smaller, but it's nice knowing my street tune will burn 35s on a smaller than stock pulse width:woott:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
When I do injectors I plan on 100% overs. Although there overkill for a stock bottom end my tuner insist he can get me safe clean power with them and it leaves me lots of growing room if I do build the bottom end and add dual fuellers.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Everyone I know with large 60%+ lost mpg... Just a thought

That is true for most cases but not necessarily true if tuned properly. I have not seen any significant MPG losses that I can for sure relate to bigger nozzles. I have a stock truck with tuning that can manage at best 18-19 mpg. Then I have a 1000 hp truck that can manage 16 plus including dyno time. I probably could get as good as my stock truck if driven right and make four times the HP.
To the OP the only real negative item to consider is that you do not want to tow heavy with large nozzles. The heat has more negative effects on large nozzles than stock nozzles. They will not last as long as smaller nozzles.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Mark / Larry
I am considering new exergy injectors for my lly
considering all that I have do you feel 100% over will create any unforseen issues?

With proper tuning and solid supply of air to the cylinder you should be just fine, is there a billet wheel you can get for the Gt4094R? I cant remember. I would probably get it if there's one available. Also, a modded cp3 will most likely be needed. An intercooler isn't needed, but wouldn't hurt at that point either, anything you can do to keep the charge air cool and dense and keep cylinder temps down is good. In the end, how you drive it, and how you take care of it will make a bigger difference than the size of the injectors, IF ITS TUNED RIGHT. Economy loss isn't guaranteed from what I've read, but it's the Internet, so.... I would think less economy would be expected, just because the power is there to have, but if you were so inclined, I do believe you could actually get better economy if you really REALLY tried.

What are you trying to accomplish anyways? 40% overs can run 750 whp and "typically" wont haze or cause economy loss like 100's can, just sayin. I don't even want to open this can of worms, but the time is coming for me figure it out too, I am trying to put it off as long as possible:angel:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes I offer a billet wheel for the 4094r and have them instock! The mileage is more a combination issue than an injector issue. I changed my 100% out for a set of 200% and took the twins off and went triples and my mileage definitely jumped up! I'm a lot happier with it as it sits right now and I was happy with it the way it was. You just need to decide what you final goal is and go from there!:thumb:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
With proper tuning and solid supply of air to the cylinder you should be just fine, is there a billet wheel you can get for the Gt4094R? I cant remember. I would probably get it if there's one available. Also, a modded cp3 will most likely be needed. An intercooler isn't needed, but wouldn't hurt at that point either, anything you can do to keep the charge air cool and dense and keep cylinder temps down is good. In the end, how you drive it, and how you take care of it will make a bigger difference than the size of the injectors, IF ITS TUNED RIGHT. Economy loss isn't guaranteed from what I've read, but it's the Internet, so.... I would think less economy would be expected, just because the power is there to have, but if you were so inclined, I do believe you could actually get better economy if you really REALLY tried.

What are you trying to accomplish anyways? 40% overs can run 750 whp and "typically" wont haze or cause economy loss like 100's can, just sayin. I don't even want to open this can of worms, but the time is coming for me figure it out too, I am trying to put it off as long as possible:angel:

He has dual pumps. 40s have been up around 900rwhp with enough air. Shit, I'm at 700 with 40s and a stock pump at 2350µs!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
He has dual pumps. 40s have been up around 900rwhp with enough air. Shit, I'm at 700 with 40s and a stock pump at 2350µs!

I guess I was thinking in terms of a single charger, but I've read about a few running in the 800's with twins, 900 is crazy big on 40's, I'm hoping to hit 850 someday with my 60's on a single charger:D