06 to 02 front clip swap

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So like the title says, at some point I want to swap the cat eye for the rounded front end. I know I’ll need the hood, fenders, grill and lights, bumper, and bumper brackets. Anything else besides that?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
the plastic brackets that hold the headlights needs to change as well. you may find some things dont line up the same or bolt on the same on the inner fender when you do the swap but i dont think there is much to make it an issue.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Thanks James. That’s what I was figuring just didn’t know what the brackets were called lol I’m tired. My best friend is a body guy so he will be doing all the lining up and stuff when I pull the plug.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Pretty sure the entire cooling stack and panel (having a damn brain fart on the actual name of the item) are different. Be way ahead with the entire thing off of a donor. Unless you just make the intercooler and such fit.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
I was just looking at some conversion pics and that would be a sick swap, at first I liked the cat eyes but now I see them everywhere don't care for em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't know why you would go through all that trouble just to have a ugly chevy when you can have a sexy GMC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I don't know why you would go through all that trouble just to have a ugly chevy when you can have a sexy GMC.

Lol I like the gmc look too. May do that swap. Idk yet. Only thing that’d keep me from it is the gmc hood is wimpy. The 01-02 hood trimmed looks great but I don’t really have the ability to do that. Dozer, do you know if I still would need to raise the brackets to get rid of the bumper spacer?

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

You mean why would I want a sexy bowtie when I could have a Generic Made Chevrolet... :dontknow:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You mean why would I want a sexy bowtie when I could have a Generic Made Chevrolet... :dontknow:

I don’t mind the cat eye honestly. It’s the god awful bulky as hell bumper on the truck. I don’t use tow hooks. Thinking about swapping for a 1500 bumper. Smaller and less to cut for my big gay wheels. :thumb: going for the half ton look. No flares. Roll pan. All that good stuff.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don’t mind the cat eye honestly. It’s the god awful bulky as hell bumper on the truck. I don’t use tow hooks. Thinking about swapping for a 1500 bumper. Smaller and less to cut for my big gay wheels. :thumb: going for the half ton look. No flares. Roll pan. All that good stuff.
Do a SS bumper overlay.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol I like the gmc look too. May do that swap. Idk yet. Only thing that’d keep me from it is the gmc hood is wimpy. The 01-02 hood trimmed looks great but I don’t really have the ability to do that. Dozer, do you know if I still would need to raise the brackets to get rid of the bumper spacer?

Guys have done it with a bunch of washers before.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’ve seen the same overlay and from the side it looks like a giant square white block. Not sure if I like it. Thinking of just doing a 1500 cap and color match that and the chrome and leaving the bottom valence black.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Will the 1500 an SS fit over/on the bumper of the diesel's?

No it won’t. Street scene I think makes a cover for the 2500hd/3500 bumpers. But just like the gmc bumper and spacing it up you can space the Silverado bumper up and put a 1/2 ton cap on it. That way the bumper isn’t so bulky. Then you can put the 1/2 ton SS cover on it

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
You will need- Fenders, Hood, Head light buckets, headlights, grille, bumper, bumper brackets that weld to the frame and from sides of bumper to frame, fog lights, LBZ trans cooler will not fit and will need to do the trans lines via 01-02 style as well since they don't match up. Pretty much all bolt on and go aside the frame horn brackets.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    600.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    357.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: