06 GMC Sierra lly fuel pressure???

Jncrawford18

Jncrawford18
Jun 22, 2019
NC
I have a 06 GMC Sierra 3500 dually the other week I went to Virginia with my husband and the check engine light came on twice with the same code said fuel rail pressure to low the second time the truck went into limp mode the monitor was showing the pressure jumping all over the place it also had another one that said unable to communicate with control module he reset the codes and it went out of limp mode and we made it home the fuel pressure hasn't jumped around since he ended up replacing the bleeder screw on the fuel filter housing now the fuel pressure is reading around 5.8-6.0 ksi at idle is that correct

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You need to compare actual rail pressure to desired rail pressure. Also watch the commanded regulator current or percentage, that will tell you how hard the pump is trying to keep up with demand.

That idle pressure seems reasonable and not out of the ordinary.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Fuel filter was replaced about 7000 miles ago truck says it has 30% life left and at 60mph it reads 10ksi

10k seems low but like Bd stated, it doesn't mean much unless you compare it to what is being commanded. It is the deviation you are after