02 lb7 eating ficm

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
We bought truck new in 02. Put injectors and gaskets on it at 70k miles. Ran it to just about 150k and put another set of injectors in it. We used the good ole cheap d-tech from xdp because we had bought them for a customer and then he decided he didn't want them. So we thought why not?

Seems like ever since then we are dealing with ficm issues or the fuse for the ficm blowing. I think we are on ficm #3 (1. Original, 2. Used, 3. From parts store)

Is there a chance these cheap injectors are whats causing this? Or is it possible we just scuffed a wire somewhere that only shorts out about once every 3-4 months?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'd certainly look at the harness for breaks and chafed wires. the LB7 uses the highest voltage out of the Duramax's except for the LML with its piezo injectors. also measure the injector solenoid resistance from stud to stud and stud to ground. should be around 0.5 ohms at the studs and no continuity to ground. the harness should add no more then about one ohm.

check supply voltage and make sure it's not low or intermittent

the only other thing I can think of would be high temperature. maybe measure the fuel temp and see if its always running on the high side

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
We had it tore apart the last 2 weeks putting front end parts in it. Went to crank it and it had blowed the fuse. It's weird for sure. But ill look into it!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk