01 SILVERADO 2500HD CREWCAB FUEL REGULATOR

Mar 20, 2016
At 128708 miles, had to have the transmission rebuild @ $2553.89. I was then told that a code that was given is to replace the fuel regulator. At 87762 miles, GMC replace the fuel regulator @ $1130.03 along at 86396 miles prior, all injectors @ $3437.93 were replaced. So 40946 miles later, have to replace the fuel regulator again? The GMC dealer told me it was a rarity to have to replace the fuel regulator and at that time, only 3 regulators in the US and have to wait to get one. I am baffled? Any ideas or comments, suggestions? Since 12/14/15 starting with the injectors, with all the work to be done, including brake & fuel lines, rear rotors, rebuild on fuel pump/sensor, tension-er, belt, transmission rebuild, $9833.37, with only 128708 miles. Truck is hardly used and since the injectors, been trying to drive it more often but seem something isn't correct? I was under the impression that this duramx, allison transmission is a bullet proof truck? I feel it way too soon to be having to do all this work with only 128708 miles? tks for time and efforts

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Diagnostics and repairs are only as good as the techs performing the work. Doesn't matter where they work. If you have doubts about diagnostics you have been getting try another shop if that resource is available to you. If you have ability to scan vehicle for codes and list symptoms this site can help you greatly.

Mar 20, 2016
the mechanic i take it to, i have no doubts or questions with regards to what he tells me. He didn't mention the code that came up. Around 2 weeks, i can get the full details. I talked with GMC that did the work, he told me to bring it in, let them do a diagnostic (110.00), and go from there? The 2 alarms on the dashboard is ABS & BRAKE at same time (intermittent) and check engine (intermittent). Currently, my dash shows no issues. I have no ability to check for those codes. Not sure what i'd have to purchase in order to do? Would it be worth it? GMC service dept told me he not sure since it was 2016 and 40k miles later, that they could warranty or cover it? tks for inputs