01 S10 2.2L tuning problems

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I was going to post this over on th EFI live forum but it says that i do not have permission to post. Anyways, I keep getting a code P0410 for the air system and code p0420 for the Cat converter. I gutted the cat ( it was clogged) and removed the air system at the same time. In the tune i disabled the MIL for them codes but the SES light keeps coming on for them two codes. The OS is 12201237. Ive tried everything i can thnk of with no luck. Any ideas? I emailed EFI live and they told me to post in their forum which i cant.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Posted it. Sorry it took me so long been busy with work. Just been keeping efi in the glove box so i can keep deleting the codes....

Attachments

• 01 s10 4 cyl modified.tun
    403.5 KB · Views: 16

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I know this is old but I'm bumping this back up. I'm trying to get rid of codes p0410, p0141, and p0442. I can change and calflash but the codes keep coming back. I emailed efilive but the p08 4cly ecm is on the end of life list and no longer supported. Just need to get this thing through emissions :D

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
These P08 are a different breed. I Kind of understand why they don't go Back so far But I also disagree with it.

I feel like something is missing in the tables but I don't know how to dig through the raw code.

I wonder if any other software supports what your trying to accomplish?

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
These P08 are a different breed. I Kind of understand why they don't go Back so far But I also disagree with it.

I feel like something is missing in the tables but I don't know how to dig through the raw code.

I wonder if any other software supports what your trying to accomplish?

I'm pretty sure HP tuners supports the p08. I hate to spend that kind of money on it tho. I'm not looking for more power(it sure as hell could use it) I just need it to get through the OBD2 scan but I can't stop the codes from coming back.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Maybe try over at gearheadefi and see if anybody has a .xdf for your .bin. It may work with the DIY project going on. I know they've done alot with the P01, working on the P59, and doing dome V6 stuff.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I'm pretty sure HP tuners supports the p08. I hate to spend that kind of money on it tho. I'm not looking for more power(it sure as hell could use it) I just need it to get through the OBD2 scan but I can't stop the codes from coming back.

Maybe you can find someone in your area that will let you read it out with HP tuners format just to see what there software say's. Maybe there is a missing table that is not enabled. It doesn't cost anything to read out only to modify and flash. If there is a difference it it's only $100 to license it and see if it works.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I still can't seem to turn off the MIL light. Can't find anyone with HP tuners. Guess my only option is to buy HP tuners or actually fix the problem... EFI live support hasn't done anything for me since the no longer support the P08. I went on gearheadefi but alot of that stuff is over my head :D I was doing alot of head scratching trying to understand that stuff

Last edited:

hhh217

Oct 17, 2010
I first used him with no feedback because he was the only one I could find to set me up with a discontinued medium duty GM Allison tcm and bench flash it. Since then he set me up with my LLY 6 speed conversion file. Real nice guy to deal with. Let us know how it works out.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Just as a follow up I finally figured it out. Version 8 would only let me do a cal flash. For some reason the cal flash would not disable the codes. I was poking around and in version 7.5 the tuning tool it would let me do both a cal flash and a full flash. I did a full flash and drove it for the last 2 weeks with no light. Took it and got it to pass emissions last night :thumb: