01 crewcab 6.6 turbo 127k miles

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
The house that is in the center is the tank vent. It's a small hose. The fuel will return through the big hose. Don't worry when you put the tee in it will work just fine.

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
was going to put the filler tube (for return diesel to go back into tank) on with regards to the airdog that i am installing. The manufacturer stated to cut the protective hose (just found out per video), pull the tube out from gas tank, run it thru the metal filler tube with arrow pointing towards gas tank, install the protective hose on new filler tube and clamp it. What i am wonder about is with the diesel returning thru the filler tube (airdog) and it isn't going thru the tube into the tank (stock), where is the diesel going via the kit that is to return to the tank? The stock tube goes from outside of truck where diesel goes in, thru that smaller tube that goes into tank that is protected via the bigger, rubber tube on the outside of that tube. I would seem to think since i am adding the return from kit that goes via the return filler tube from kit, that is fitted between the outer, rubber hose that protects the stock filler tube, that the return diesel from the kit will just fill up the protective hose that is stock? Hope this makes sense?

The space between the plastic inner tube and the outer rubber hose is for the vent. The LB7 trucks have you return the lift pump fuel to the vent. It works just fine AS LONG AS you don’t cut the plastic tube.

The other option is to gut the OEM filler neck and add an external vent which would allow you to use any nozzle you desire instead of the small nozzle.

Mar 20, 2016
tks for the response...in my mind, not seeing how the fuel going back into the tube would be getting into the tank? As long as i am good to go, i'll finish the install, hopefully? tks agn

Mar 20, 2016
i went back to check for confirmation but should i replace the stock fuel filter with an RACOR PFF4245R2-04 PARFIT FUEL FILTER HEAD ASSEMBLY? with installing the lift pump kit, would this be overkill? i have the rubber seals to rebuild with but since going to change fuel filter was wondering With leaving the stock fuel filter on, its cost around 70 plus taxes and the racor is about 50.00 more? tks agn for input