01-10 steering box redhead ,PSC ,OEM

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Going to be rebuilding my front end, the stud on my pitman arm snapped so I'm doing a new kryptonite pitman and some dmax store tie rods. While under there I realized I should redo everything I haven't replaced recently. I'm going to replace lower ball joints, arm bushings, idler, cv boots and bump stops. My steering box has a slight leak but it is still tight even with 342k on it.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard to rebuild yourself? Can anyone recommend a good rebuild kit, that isn't cheap Chinese stuff? If the box is still tight should I just replace the leaky seal or while its apart is it a good idea to rebuild the whole thing? Don't want to fix something that isn't broken with lower quality parts and after reading this thread it seems like a new box is hit or miss..
I think the 6 bolt is still the way to go.

If it's just a seal leaking, replace said seal and keep using it. Taking it apart, it may never be the same.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Bumping it up

Checking to verify if the Cardone 978418GB is not coming in as 4 bolt units opposed to the 6 bolts which every one is trying get before I order it. Nobody wants to do the same job twice over poor quality parts.