Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Did you let air get into the master? If you did you will need to do a bench bleed.
This is more likely your issue if it happened.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:00 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman22 View Post
This is more likely your issue if it happened.
Ya I did I guess. I pulled it off completely and cleaned it out good. Installed the hydro boost then reinstalled the master and added fluid. Iíve done this same thing on this same truck before and never needed to do anything other then bleed the four corners. How do you bench bleed?
Old 09-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Shits broke

Look on YouTube

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 10-09-2019, 08:16 PM
FNG

ok so I got an update should have posted 2 weeks ago. My problem was the master cylinder I guess it was all messed up that's why I wasn't getting any fluid to the calipers. replaced that and bam! I was able to bleed all four corners. I didn't need to get a scan tool for the abs.

So I found that I still didn't have the brakes I thought I should when I have replaced, brake master, booster, two front calipers, front rotors, all four corners in pads. Bled the shit out of everything. even bench bled the new master.

Come to find out I got a bad steering pump.

replaced that sob and drove it like 2 blocks after trying and trying to bleed the new pump. seemed ok then got pretty hard to steer again so I pulled over and the fluid level was about the same after I last filled it after the bleed sequence on the new sp.

I was sitting at a gas station trying to fogire out what may have been wrong and started to smell fluid inside the cab bout the second I smelt the fluid I heard a weird noise looked down at my feet and fluid was pissing all over my boots so I turned the truck off immediately. I got out to look up under the dash where it was coming from and for one noticed the petal was sticking out more then it should be and I grabbed it and you could dang near touch the dash with the brake petal. so the plunger attached to the petal had basicially backed out of the inside of the booster and that's where the fluid came rushing in.

truck ran fine for dang near 2 weeks with brakes and steering. I even took 4 trips 2 hours one way hunting, 2 of the 4 with a 6k pound camper behind me. No issues.

so now the truck is on the back of a tow truck going to an actual professional brake place. not sure what I could have messed up or if I just got a weak faulty booster out the box. maybe its karma.