Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Rollin' coal since 05'

at least it still has the fuzzy dice
06' GMC Ext. Cab, Full Load SLT, LBZ, Sunroof etc. De-badged, Billet grill, AutoMeter Colbalt EGT/Boost Gauges, AEM BruteForce Stage2, MBRP Catless Down-pipe, MBRP T-304 Catback with Muffler Delete, Armaguard Spray-in box liner, SD Tie-rod sleeves, SD CenterLink, Cognito Braces, Nicktane,VR Straps, Amsoil Synthetic's throughout, Fumoto, Finger's blocked and sticked,Kennedy Diesel Dual Lift Pumps With PickUp, Clarion TV/DVD Ipod, JL Audio Amps, 2 10's under the bench, NADP "race" transmission (Suncoast 4)/ Billet Input shaft, Mag Hytec Deep pan/ (Suncoast 1058 Converter, ATS Co-Pilot installed by MPL Motorsports) 20X10 MotoMetal 951C's on 35X13.5 procomp X-treme allterrian's, no lift just Cut-Outs,Silverado Tail lights, infared back up camera, EFI LIVE!!, BD Manifold, Cognito upper control arms, Cognito dual shock hoops, and Bilstein 5125's all around with 2" block in the rear.. shes done.. looking for a M3...Hmmm
Old 07-12-2008, 08:20 AM
just wanta have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

The seat is all aluminum with no padding, I will have arm restraits, leg restraits, and helmet restraints.

From racing open bodied drag cars ARM RESTRAINTS SUCK. I couldn't even buckle myself in, but could hit the release and get out.

so what suit did you get -10 or higher?
Ranchhand bumpers
EFI Live V1 but a useless POS tuner (ME)
4.5 Club #6
Old 07-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Cut your ride, sissy!

I strap my dad in the pro-mod, way to hard for him to do it, too cramped. When we tightened him in, we cinched the belts till it hurt,....and then a little more! Loose belts kill! He has the whole sha-bang, nomex underwear, T/F rated fire suit, SFI shoes, gloves, neck brace, helmet aluminum boot covers, all of it! And that stuff will bake you so he also wears a cool vest under the suit.

On the seat... I sugjust a nice padded Kirkey, looks good too, we have one in our car.
Coolingmist Stage2 M/W, TTS fuel pick-up, S&B intake, 6" exh, In-cab boost control

50% ExtrudeHone nozzles, Modded CP3, MytNasty Tuned
Summit Billet LP, Intake Heater Delete EFILive V2
LOWERED,Hehehe TEAM BORROWED TIME, Member #12
Ghostly Lucky #13

Newest DD: 87' M-B 300D W124 OM603 3.0L 12v SOHC I-6, Stock turbo. Just cranked ALDA and a gutted kitty. Reasonably quick and bone stock! Future plans: OM606 24v I-6, big turbo, DervTuning 7.5mm Bosch M-pump, exhaust, 5spd, intercooler, fab'd intake, Some cosmetic work. Diesel isn't just a fuel, its a way of life...
Old 07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmousemalibu View Post
I strap my dad in the pro-mod, way to hard for him to do it, too cramped. When we tightened him in, we cinched the belts till it hurt,....and then a little more! Loose belts kill! He has the whole sha-bang, nomex underwear, T/F rated fire suit, SFI shoes, gloves, neck brace, helmet aluminum boot covers, all of it! And that stuff will bake you so he also wears a cool vest under the suit.

On the seat... I sugjust a nice padded Kirkey, looks good too, we have one in our car.
True that! also X2 an a padded Kirky, even a good circle track one (lightweight and padded as best as possible).

Racing dirt track, at the big fast tracks I'd have help strapping in, screw driver in the end of each belt strap and a buddy would put is foot on it and give it a good jump, gotta get those suckers tight for when your car goes cart wheeling thru the air. also knee pads with shin guards worked well too (like what a baseball catcher wears). I love arm restraints, way better than a window net imo. Also, being its a truck and a big cab area, look into a good size halon ststem.

2002 LB7 EC/SB
Fleece Cheetah, ARPs, LBZ CP3, Built Allison, AirDog 165, Tap Shifter, EFI Live Custom Tuning By Me, Lowering Shackles,
Original Toyo Proxies on 20" XD Spy's, S&B Intake, MagnaFlow DP & 4", and a few other gadgets and appearance mods
Old 07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Diesel Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax tim View Post
From racing open bodied drag cars ARM RESTRAINTS SUCK. I couldn't even buckle myself in, but could hit the release and get out.

so what suit did you get -10 or higher?
-20, Simpson.

For some odd reason, we need window nets AND arm restraints.

2005 GMC 2500HD LLY "Casper"- LLY O/S 8758. 10.59 @ 129. EFILive "2CP3" Tuning, Mike L Suncoast Trans. PPE Dual CP3's, GT4202R.
2004.5 GMC 3500 SRW LLY "Big Blue" - LLY O/S 1668. 13.12@103. Powered by PPE/VA with Mike L Suncoast Trans.
2006 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ "Wendy"- LBZ O/S 6128. 12.50 @ 107.x. EFILive tuning, Mike L trans.
Pat and Kat McSwain
"Casper" - Record Holder, Bonneville & El Mirage. Best Clocked Speed 197mph, Bonneville '09.
"World's Fastest Production Diesel Pickup - 174.586mph"
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Diesel Hotrodder

Update:

Cage is not ready yet. Casper is in full theft-recovery mode now. Windshield is out and busted. NASCAR Truck windshield won't work. Do I make my own? Hmmm...

Simpson shipped an SFI-15 suit and billed me for a SFI-20, so I sent it back. This suit is very thick and very heavy. I can barely get into a car wearing it, and need help taking it off. There might be a point of diminishing returns with suit thickness.

Head sock was advertised as SFI, but had no label, so sent it back.

I'm putting 2 fire systems in it (waiting for rollcage).

First fire system is a Halon 1301 10lb system. Summit advertised it as SFI, but again, it is not. You cannot have a Halon 1301 system that is SFI. SFI banned Halon. This is for the safety of the Planet, not the racers. What SFI forgot is that they are working for the racers, not the tree huggers.

Since I don't "need" the fire system to be SFI for LSR racing, I'm keeping it.

Halon will extinguish fires at a 7% concentration. If I can, I'm going to spray it to the right and left lower block near the exhaust manifolds, but also into the intake to shut down the engine in case of a runaway.

Another nozzle goes into the cab. Halon is slightly toxic, but hundreds of folk have breathed Halon and are still alive to talk about it.

Now the backup system is AFF. This is also known as Cold Fire. It is water, foaming agent, and a CO2 cartridge that disperses it. This is only for the cab. While it is SFI approved, the pesky little sticker is missing again.

Stickers do not make a car faster, nor a car safer. It's the parts and tuning. While I am all for SFI being a Big Brother over the aftermarket, they need to start policing the Big Shops. If they believe only their stickers cause safety, they need to insure that SFI products are getting stickered, and non-SFI aren't being sold as SFI.

Summit is the biggest speed shop on earth, either they or SFI should be policing the stickers.

Ditto for Simpson. This was about the most expensive thing in their catalog, and it was mislabeled?? $1500 for a firesuit that is only good for 5 years.

The Kirkey Seat is in place and it fits nice. I'm impressed. This is their $160 seat, not their $980 seat, and it appears to have excellent protection. Pictures are forthcoming.

2005 GMC 2500HD LLY "Casper"- LLY O/S 8758. 10.59 @ 129. EFILive "2CP3" Tuning, Mike L Suncoast Trans. PPE Dual CP3's, GT4202R.
2004.5 GMC 3500 SRW LLY "Big Blue" - LLY O/S 1668. 13.12@103. Powered by PPE/VA with Mike L Suncoast Trans.
2006 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ "Wendy"- LBZ O/S 6128. 12.50 @ 107.x. EFILive tuning, Mike L trans.
Pat and Kat McSwain
"Casper" - Record Holder, Bonneville & El Mirage. Best Clocked Speed 197mph, Bonneville '09.
"World's Fastest Production Diesel Pickup - 174.586mph"
Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 AM
MOTORKILLER

i know you are home now, i don't like halon injected in to engine intake, prefer gaseous CO2. halon will turn to orange color cloud(built-in thermal indicator), halon goes into thermal degredation and develops into phosgene gas. phosgene gas will kill you.