Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-11-2019, 06:25 PM
FNG

Default Tuner??

I'm sorry if this topic has already been beaten to death. I'm kind of new to the diesel game. I've got a 2004 LB7 Silverado. It has 112,000 miles on it. I bought it a few months ago. I'm getting around 15 or so MPG driving to and from work. I'll start towing my dump trailer and lowboy trailer soon. I've been thinking about the Edge CTS2 tuner. Mainly to get better MPG's and a little more HP when towing. I really like the fact that I can monitor so much including my injector flow rates because i know injectors are not that great in the LB7. Not looking to fool coal or even use the extreme tunes. Just my daily driver and towing things for the farm. Looking for any input I can get or opinions on other tuners that may fo the same but are better. Already put a cold air intake on the truck and can't afford to put a lot of money into exhaust, intercooler, and all the other stuff out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Hotrodder

Get efilive from a reputable tuner, there are some on this forum too. I would say your 2nd best bet tune wise would be the ppe standard tuner. Its a generic tuner and they can be had for cheap and the tunes are pretty decent from my experience. But, if you have long term mod plans for the truck then I would just get efilive and be done with it.

2004 LB7-sold

05 lly cc/sb 4wd
pcv reroute, lbz mp, egr block plate, 5" magnaflow, G2 tie rods, ssdieseltuning, cts2, SDP built trans, pump rub fix, FPRV shim
280k miles
Old 05-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Exhaust wouldve helped far more than the intake will. CTS is fine for a beginner, just dont tow on higher settings with a stock trans.
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom You're already missed, at home and on the piano.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Reality is a matter of perspective.
This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 05-12-2019, 01:08 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

And don't expect much for mpg gains on an LB7. There just isn't much you can do to help one. The best improvement I got was about 2mpg over stock, but I credit trans tuning and my lower stall converter for that more than anything else.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Gearhead

Get an insight CTS2 to monitor things/change tunes and then get efi-live from a reputable tuner.
-Built Motor, Tuned by Zach @ Starlite, Forced Inductions Billet ETR Gen 4 S480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD & Beans Sumps, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

2) DD/Tow Rig: 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-Bosch NEW Injectors, FASS 150, 3" Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap