Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Hotrodder

Guess they're all gonna have to do it on the DL or setup businesses in Canada or abroad somewhere else?

Does anyone know if they go after gas tuners the same way? They are doing the same thing as us diesel folks. I'm not in any of the gasser circles so naturally I wouldn't hear about it for them. But some of you all who dabble in the dark side, are those tuners gone after too? If not, I wonder why? They surely are a majority compared to diesel tuners I'd think?

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 04-03-2018, 04:10 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
Guess they're all gonna have to do it on the DL or setup businesses in Canada or abroad somewhere else?

Does anyone know if they go after gas tuners the same way? They are doing the same thing as us diesel folks. I'm not in any of the gasser circles so naturally I wouldn't hear about it for them. But some of you all who dabble in the dark side, are those tuners gone after too? If not, I wonder why? They surely are a majority compared to diesel tuners I'd think?

Bigger performance shops won’t touch emissions on cars if they are street use and registered. Of course there is always a deal to be made outside of build sheets, emails , etc.

I got my ls7 built and wanted Long tube headers and high flow cats with the package and they wouldn’t touch those parts since it was registered and tagged.

Smaller shops will take the cash and ask no questions, the tuners won’t care and tune for cash anyways. IL doesn’t do visuals for inspections so if your not throwing codes you’ll pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Heavy & Slow

I see tons of modified gas cars running around. Most are old enough to be smog exempt in Idaho, but I see a decent number of Subarus with mods here, as well as a random sampling of other brands. I suspect that gas cars are so easy to tune that new shops pop up as fast as they can shut down the old ones, or people just tune themselves. If you have a wideband O2, a datalogger, and a clue, you can have a good tune nailed down in a day of country road pulls.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Hotrodder

Tons of modified gassers here. Hennessey is right down the road I see their cars all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Always learning

Lol if we end up getting shut down in the diesel scene everyone will just end up like James Bond...
Smoke switch / oil slick / lmg 249’s

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 04-11-2018, 01:54 PM
FNG

Just an idea that would probably fall on deaf ears but what about a well thought out, correctly worded petition on the "we the people" site? Not specifically addressing diesel tuning but more about EPA overreach with the clean air act. Maybe requesting a hold be put on vehicle modification portions until the government can prove that it is truly detrimental. If you can modify a vehicle that originally got 18mpg and now it achieves 22mpg what's so bad about that? Less fuel burned is less emissions. Especially in Idaho Rob's case with LML tuning with emissions intact. Really it's going to happen to everyone. All Motorsports enthusiasts need to band together; wheelers, riders, OHV, muscle car, street, strip, diesel, etc and have a petition made and a canned letter to send to their Representatives.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Someone just has to start it, then spread the word on the forums, bookfaces, etc....
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaldirtymax View Post
Just an idea that would probably fall on deaf ears but what about a well thought out, correctly worded petition on the "we the people" site? Not specifically addressing diesel tuning but more about EPA overreach with the clean air act. Maybe requesting a hold be put on vehicle modification portions until the government can prove that it is truly detrimental. If you can modify a vehicle that originally got 18mpg and now it achieves 22mpg what's so bad about that? Less fuel burned is less emissions.Especially in Idaho Rob's case with LML tuning with emissions intact. Really it's going to happen to everyone. All Motorsports enthusiasts need to band together; wheelers, riders, OHV, muscle car, street, strip, diesel, etc and have a petition made and a canned letter to send to their Representatives.
Better fuel economy and lower emissions are not hand in hand. A efficient hotter burn will have higher nox levels. This is one of the major diesel emissions that they are worried about. This is the emission that brought on the diesel exhaust fluid/scr systems. Also what got vw in trouble... How do you think they were making the power and fuel economy that they got.... Getting the nox levels in compliance will cost then hp and fuel mileage.

Banks intake, profab horn, banks big head, LDS 63.5 mm wheel kit, ATP tunes, DSP 5, 4 exhaust, mbpr downpipe, kennedy single lift pump w/cat filter, Dipper trans. BT diesel works lock up box. all moog front tie rods with sleeves. Moog idler and pitman arm. 285/75/16 tires.

Boost, egt, lift pump pressure, and rail pressure gauges