Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 PM
Hotrodder

Default "Service Exhaust Fluid System" No DTC's after DPF Re-Install

I couldn't find any useful info on what would cause this so I figured I would put it out there after fixing it.

I had to re-install my factory exhaust and after doing so the system started a countdown from 99 miles to reduced to 65mph. The edge CTS didn't show any codes, so I figured I needed the GDSII. It also didn't show any codes and passed the full DTC and info test. Needless to say I was getting frustrated.

I started looking around in the system and found a line on "Reduced Engine Power History" that showed as "Reductant System Tampered"

Upon further digging I found a tab called" "Reductant System Malfunction Warning Service Bay Test" After running the test the system cleared itself and all is normal again. It seems like a fault test that will clear a previous issue even if there is no DTC.

Hopefully this helps someone someday...
Old 01-14-2020, 04:41 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

This probably would've helped the situation with my Cruze last week. Looks like Ive got to go get myself an MDI.
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom You're already missed, at home and on the piano.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.
Reality is a matter of perspective.
This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 01-14-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech

The Reductant Warning Service Bay Test is what we usually run once we’ve fixed the vehicle, DTC’s cleared and all that remains is a warning message on the DIC. Usually when a service emission system warning message came on. But hopefully in your case it has fixed the truck and there won’t be anymore problems. The system can be frustrating at times. And for reference the system has 11 levels of “Tampering” and each level has its effect on vehicle operation. Like reducing vehicle speed to 4mph, cause that’s needed.....lol
Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
This probably would've helped the situation with my Cruze last week. Looks like Ive got to go get myself an MDI.
This is what I bought a year or two ago and it's worked well. It loads a virtual machine running xp and runs from there. I just used an old laptop I had and leave it just for running that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
I'm not too far from you. I have one.

2015.5 Denali. Dmax Allison / Exergy Sportsman CP3 / WCFab "Y" Bridge with cold air bundle / WCFab 3" downpipe / LB7 up pipe / 4" Flo Pro exhaust / FASS 150 / Sump / AirLift 5000 bags with WirelessOne on board air / B&W Turnover ball / AMP Research power steps.