Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #16  
Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Subman's Avatar
Subman Subman is offline
Old Geezer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras, Oregon
Posts: 3,196

Default

Did you post a asking price or did I miss it?
__________________
2007 LBZ Classic
Idaho Rob ATP tuning, MPI twin turbos
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-15-2018, 10:09 AM
jliddle's Avatar
jliddle jliddle is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman View Post
Did you post a asking price or did I miss it?
27k. Very last sentence. Sorry
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-15-2018, 04:50 PM
TheBac's Avatar
TheBac TheBac is offline
Why do I keep doing this?


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 11,614

Default

Ken's getting withdrawals....

Go for it!
__________________
Tom
"BBT" -- 2003 GMC CC/SB 4x4 12.14@111.15
"Flyin' Brick" -- 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work


Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:08 AM
jliddle's Avatar
jliddle jliddle is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 331
Default

Morning bump. Going to list on eBay as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Subman's Avatar
Subman Subman is offline
Old Geezer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras, Oregon
Posts: 3,196

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Ken's getting withdrawals....

Go for it!
That's a nice truck and a good price, I've got my 07 classic and it in great shape. Had a nephew just buy a loaded 2018/19 Ford 350 loaded to the hilt and with the extra added on because he's in Cal dropped 90K into the truck. That's over 3 times what I paid for my first house and over double what I paid for my 07 loaded classic when it was new.
__________________
2007 LBZ Classic
Idaho Rob ATP tuning, MPI twin turbos
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:56 PM
TheBac's Avatar
TheBac TheBac is offline
Why do I keep doing this?


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 11,614

Default

I thought you sold the 07, Ken. Glad you didnt.
__________________
Tom
"BBT" -- 2003 GMC CC/SB 4x4 12.14@111.15
"Flyin' Brick" -- 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work


Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-16-2018, 08:34 PM
kheims kheims is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman View Post
That's a nice truck and a good price, I've got my 07 classic and it in great shape. Had a nephew just buy a loaded 2018/19 Ford 350 loaded to the hilt and with the extra added on because he's in Cal dropped 90K into the truck. That's over 3 times what I paid for my first house and over double what I paid for my 07 loaded classic when it was new.
Iím a little confused. I may need a little more education on truck value and may be why there isnít much interest on here. Your right itís a very clean and nice truck I will give u that but how is that a good price? Not trying to be an a-hole here I really am asking because market value for an 06 with 160,000 miles on it is only like $16k to $18k so if someone were to buy this for $27k, total it with full coverage there gonna be out almost $10k. Please educate me a lil more on this topic please. No amout of aftermarket stuff will raise the value not even a $10k trans. Anything and everything with a motor in it goes down in value. I will be in the market for a different Dmax in a couple years after selling my 08 with twins this past year and didnít get any offers close to $27k. Please donít take this the wrong way but Iíve always been told if someone is selling something that seems very high they either donít know or they really donít want to sell it. I was told this about my 98 Camaro z28 that Iím trying to sell but Iím only $2k above kbb and still have the car with nobody even taking a look at it and itís very clean inside and out. Iím not trying to start anything I really am asking for educational purpose please.
__________________
2008 LMM
SDP Twins
Danville Tuning
Cognito 4-6 lift
(Sold)

Awaiting new adventure
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:04 AM
jliddle's Avatar
jliddle jliddle is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 331
Default

Nada is low 20’s for a loaded lbz.

The thing with truck market is people will pay for peace of mind. Raggedy trucks bring low prices and the opposite. Also, if everyone based their choice of vehicles on the unfortunate circumstance of a total loss... why spend money on aftermarket parts to begin with? Drive something that will total out with 5k in damage and get a new one
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:15 AM
036.6turbo 036.6turbo is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheims View Post
Iím a little confused. I may need a little more education on truck value and may be why there isnít much interest on here. Your right itís a very clean and nice truck I will give u that but how is that a good price? Not trying to be an a-hole here I really am asking because market value for an 06 with 160,000 miles on it is only like $16k to $18k so if someone were to buy this for $27k, total it with full coverage there gonna be out almost $10k. Please educate me a lil more on this topic please. No amout of aftermarket stuff will raise the value not even a $10k trans. Anything and everything with a motor in it goes down in value. I will be in the market for a different Dmax in a couple years after selling my 08 with twins this past year and didnít get any offers close to $27k. Please donít take this the wrong way but Iíve always been told if someone is selling something that seems very high they either donít know or they really donít want to sell it. I was told this about my 98 Camaro z28 that Iím trying to sell but Iím only $2k above kbb and still have the car with nobody even taking a look at it and itís very clean inside and out. Iím not trying to start anything I really am asking for educational purpose please.
Not sure if this helps, but CCSB LBZ trucks are pulling big numbers.

I converted my 03 CCSB to an LBZ, it has a rebuilt title, it has 340,000 original miles. The LBZ and six speed Allison have 230,000 miles. Zero rust (I just repainted it) all options for a 03 and it just SOLD for $13,250.00.

I had a 1996 convertable Z/28 LT1 (old LT1) six speed manual, 38,000 miles garage kept summer driven mint car, I GAVE it away for 8K. Could not sell it.

Based on my sale, the OP in this thread is not too far off IMHO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7949tn.jpg (138.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 41102_143388072362523_5677032_n.jpg (36.4 KB, 59 views)
__________________
2003 GMC Sierra CCSB.
LBZ / Six speed / EGR Delete / DSP5 with tuning from Idaho Rob @ ATP Trucks / Bilstein 5100s / Air Ride 5000 bags / Merchant Reman Tcase / TNR head unit.

2015.5 Denali. Dmax Allison, under construction.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 AM
kheims kheims is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 036.6turbo View Post
Not sure if this helps, but CCSB LBZ trucks are pulling big numbers.

I converted my 03 CCSB to an LBZ, it has a rebuilt title, it has 340,000 original miles. The LBZ and six speed Allison have 230,000 miles. Zero rust (I just repainted it) all options for a 03 and it just SOLD for $13,250.00.

I had a 1996 convertable Z/28 LT1 (old LT1) six speed manual, 38,000 miles garage kept summer driven mint car, I GAVE it away for 8K. Could not sell it.

Based on my sale, the OP in this thread is not too far off IMHO.

Ya I guess due to the fact of emissions and other stuff like that itís gonna drive the price up on the LBZ version which through all my looking around has done all over. Like I said this is a very clean truck but if I was in the market for one today I wouldnít be able to take the hit on the loss that would accrue anyways. Maybe in a couple years I might be in a better situation and it wonít matter to me. I was just trying to educate myself a little more. GLWS.
__________________
2008 LMM
SDP Twins
Danville Tuning
Cognito 4-6 lift
(Sold)

Awaiting new adventure
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 AM
036.6turbo 036.6turbo is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheims View Post
Ya I guess due to the fact of emissions and other stuff like that itís gonna drive the price up on the LBZ version which through all my looking around has done all over. Like I said this is a very clean truck but if I was in the market for one today I wouldnít be able to take the hit on the loss that would accrue anyways. Maybe in a couple years I might be in a better situation and it wonít matter to me. I was just trying to educate myself a little more. GLWS.
Yeah it's all supply and demand. And right now the CCSB LBZ is in demand.

I had (3) people waiting in line for mine, it sold before it was even completed. It was never even advertised. Obviously sold it too cheap, but it's going to a close family friend, so it's all good.
__________________
2003 GMC Sierra CCSB.
LBZ / Six speed / EGR Delete / DSP5 with tuning from Idaho Rob @ ATP Trucks / Bilstein 5100s / Air Ride 5000 bags / Merchant Reman Tcase / TNR head unit.

2015.5 Denali. Dmax Allison, under construction.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Subman's Avatar
Subman Subman is offline
Old Geezer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras, Oregon
Posts: 3,196

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
I thought you sold the 07, Ken. Glad you didnt.
I sold it to a guy who was hounding me to buy it. Told him Ok and he had it for 3 years and only put 12,000 on it. Drove it like a little old lady. He had an accident in his home when he was drunk hitting his head on the hearth of his fireplace and because he was on blood thinner and drunk he put his head under the facet in the kitchen and bleed out. Didn't find him for 3 days. Still with his head in the sink. Sold it will 66K bought it back with 78K three years later. has 145K on it now and going strong. I pull my race trailer with it, stays most of the time in the shop garage.
__________________
2007 LBZ Classic
Idaho Rob ATP tuning, MPI twin turbos
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:24 PM
jliddle's Avatar
jliddle jliddle is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 331
Default

Listed on ebay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-GMC-Si...T/323261348816

Couldnt figure out how to get my description to appear in the ad itself without needing to click "see full description"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-21-2018, 05:13 PM
jliddle's Avatar
jliddle jliddle is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 331
Default

Shameless bump.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:28 PM
joshd472's Avatar
joshd472 joshd472 is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheims View Post
Iím a little confused. I may need a little more education on truck value and may be why there isnít much interest on here. Your right itís a very clean and nice truck I will give u that but how is that a good price? Not trying to be an a-hole here I really am asking because market value for an 06 with 160,000 miles on it is only like $16k to $18k so if someone were to buy this for $27k, total it with full coverage there gonna be out almost $10k. Please educate me a lil more on this topic please. No amout of aftermarket stuff will raise the value not even a $10k trans. Anything and everything with a motor in it goes down in value. I will be in the market for a different Dmax in a couple years after selling my 08 with twins this past year and didnít get any offers close to $27k. Please donít take this the wrong way but Iíve always been told if someone is selling something that seems very high they either donít know or they really donít want to sell it. I was told this about my 98 Camaro z28 that Iím trying to sell but Iím only $2k above kbb and still have the car with nobody even taking a look at it and itís very clean inside and out. Iím not trying to start anything I really am asking for educational purpose please.
I looked for a truck like this for 3-4 months after I sold my LLY extended cab. I donít like the LMM styling or interior. Donít like the like what Iíve heard about the CP4 LML. I do a lot of highway driving so the 5 speed in the LLY/LB7 was out.

So to me this was the best out there. Basically my dream truck. I was willing to pay up to 25k and drive 8 hours to get one. Like I said I looked 3-4 months and couldnít find one.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors