Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 02-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Hotrodder

You can activate it in individual tunes, but there's no efilive control to only activate it in tow haul mode. That's why I said in normal driving in lockup you will get turbo braking if you set it to all tunes. Just set it in your tow tunes; pretty easy.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BRK View Post
You can activate it in individual tunes, but there's no efilive control to only activate it in tow haul mode. That's why I said in normal driving in lockup you will get turbo braking if you set it to all tunes. Just set it in your tow tunes; pretty easy.
Can you set it for just tow tune even when you have to set your vane min to sane as vane max? My issue was my egr coming in and off. Problem is My tuner just updated his EFI live software and they either forgot to put it in or they took out the Egr parameters for lbz. So he wasn't able to turn it off. For now we have van min position set to same a max but the break is active in every tune! Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BRK View Post
This doesn't make sense to me.. Why did my lbz only work in tow haul then? I had efi live from a well known tuner also.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:41 AM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilml View Post
This doesn't make sense to me.. Why did my lbz only work in tow haul then? I had efi live from a well known tuner also.
It worked all the time, you just noticed it in tow haul because of the converter lock

07 crew long classic- stolen
Old 02-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Hotrodder

I don't think so but I'm gonna ask my buddy, he bought it from me.. That would mean i would have always felt it anything over 50 and pretty sure never did.. I'm gonna double check though.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 AM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
I don't think so but I'm gonna ask my buddy, he bought it from me.. That would mean i would have always felt it anything over 50 and pretty sure never did.. I'm gonna double check though.
Run it up to about 90+ and just let off and see if you notice it

07 crew long classic- stolen
Old 02-10-2017, 01:18 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

You cannot set it up to only work in tow/haul mode via efilive and a dsp tune file.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

I usually set it to engage 1800rpm and above. With the 6spd your rpm will be low enough when cruising that it shouldn't come on. I've done a few lbz/ lmm trucks this way and no complaints yet, and most are single tow tunes so you don't have much choice.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Hotrodder

Ok maybe that's what the deal is then.. It just has a single tune on it.. I asked him and he said no it don't come on unless tow haul is on. But I'm gonna have to see for myself sometime lol
Old 02-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Hotrodder

log vane position and you'll see
Old 02-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Hotrodder

Ok I'm gonna have to double check vane position with him sometime soon.. I'm really curious now
Old 02-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHybrid View Post
I usually set it to engage 1800rpm and above. With the 6spd your rpm will be low enough when cruising that it shouldn't come on. I've done a few lbz/ lmm trucks this way and no complaints yet, and most are single tow tunes so you don't have much choice.
That makes sense.. If rpm too low it don't engage.. Ok I can believe that, but I can promise it feels like it don't ever engage when just normal driving..
Old 02-10-2017, 09:29 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
That makes sense.. If rpm too low it don't engage.. Ok I can believe that, but I can promise it feels like it don't ever engage when just normal driving..
It won't because the rpm's don't go high enough for it to build any boost pressure on decel to provide any braking. At 2K rpm's it doesn't do alot, but at 3K rpm's you KNOW IT'S THERE!

Old 02-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Hotrodder

And it has a Danville 3794 stage2 so that may make it not as strong feeling?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:12 AM
DMax-less

Quote:
And it has a Danville 3794 stage2 so that may make it not as strong feeling?
Definitely. Aftermarket vanes and ported turbine housings will make it weaker.
2000 Buick Regal GS
Bright White Lowered Homemade CAI 4500K HIDs Supercharged Beater