Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 12-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Diesel Pro

Default D/DT engine build

I have been ask to participate in the engineering on a 5 liter Duramax. Looks like we will be using a stock block and adjusting the displacement . I designed the current record holder in Project X diesel with extreme destroking to a 5.0 liter . That motor did not lose any power just moved it up 800 rpms

The truck will be a extended cab half ton truck due to the aero

I have a few Chevy raw cranks forgings, that I think we can get down to the stroke .

This one will be fun. I have a Chevy Cruz engine that we are working on for Nebulous Thorium Streamliner , but its on hold until Rick runs 400MPH with his 250 inch turbo small block .

lot to go in to this motor , to make it all work.

G. M Racing Clean Diesel Racing* D&L racing engines*Exergy Performance * S&T water jet and steel* ZZ custom fabrication* RPM Performance Data loggers* Nitrous Outlet*Fuelabs* GearVendors , * Syndiesel* Neal Chance Convertors * Diamond billet diesel pistons* XS power racing batteries* Turbo Smart* Edelbrock Cylinder heads Flow Master* Polydyn Performance coatings* K&N* Snow Boost Coolers* Winburg Crank * Carrillo Rods* Polydyn TX7 * Diesel MotorSports

Won first diesel to diesel NHRA match up , Dallas 2014
1st diesel truck in the 9ís
1st diesel truck in the 8ís
1st diesel to compete in NHRA Super Street , Super gas , Super comp.
1st and only diesel street truck to compete in a NHRA national event NHRA mile high Nationals
Fastest diesel truck Texas mile and ECTA Diesel Power Magazine "Project X Diesel " 167.88
Fastest TDI in the mile 132.44
First diesel to compete at Hot Rod Drag week
Fastest diesel at Hot rod drag week 2006 , 2007
Fastest TDI at Hot Rod Drag week 2009

Old 12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Honey Badger

That sounds interesting but what is the reason for destroking an engine? To safely turn more rpms?
Old 12-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Diesel Pro

D/DT requires a motor no bigger then 5.0 liter or 305 cid I will be using 3.875 bore and a 3.22 stroke

G. M Racing Clean Diesel Racing* D&L racing engines*Exergy Performance * S&T water jet and steel* ZZ custom fabrication* RPM Performance Data loggers* Nitrous Outlet*Fuelabs* GearVendors , * Syndiesel* Neal Chance Convertors * Diamond billet diesel pistons* XS power racing batteries* Turbo Smart* Edelbrock Cylinder heads Flow Master* Polydyn Performance coatings* K&N* Snow Boost Coolers* Winburg Crank * Carrillo Rods* Polydyn TX7 * Diesel MotorSports

Won first diesel to diesel NHRA match up , Dallas 2014
1st diesel truck in the 9ís
1st diesel truck in the 8ís
1st diesel to compete in NHRA Super Street , Super gas , Super comp.
1st and only diesel street truck to compete in a NHRA national event NHRA mile high Nationals
Fastest diesel truck Texas mile and ECTA Diesel Power Magazine "Project X Diesel " 167.88
Fastest TDI in the mile 132.44
First diesel to compete at Hot Rod Drag week
Fastest diesel at Hot rod drag week 2006 , 2007
Fastest TDI at Hot Rod Drag week 2009