ADII 165
Full Kryptonite Front end
PPE manifolds up pipes
Special Thanks to:Scott@SDP
Tuned by:Blake@UDT
Best time to date: 12.08 @ 112.58 1.76 60ft
Old 08-15-2018, 04:57 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Brolanding... You coined new terminology...
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
Brolanding... You coined new terminology...

Na, west coast bros add bro to damn near everything. Its been a running joke on desert rangers for a few years now lmao
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 08-15-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TRIKHD View Post
Great pictures of a great time and memories! James

Thank you sir!

Im planning on doing a trip down to rocky point in Mexico. We head from there to el golfo and back. Nothing big mileage wise but it will be a decent test on setup for the rig and what my weight will be carrying extra stuff and tools. Fun sandy beach runs, good run of whoops to hit and some desert mixed in
James

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 08-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Country boy Limo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Na, west coast bros add bro to damn near everything. Its been a running joke on desert rangers for a few years now lmao
Ain't this the truth, lol. Hey, bro! Whats your setup up Bro? Lmao

SDP Built Trans w/ Goerend G billet stator
S472sx-e .87/1.0ar w/ SDP Piping
Wagler street intake
Custom 80" Trac Bars by MBS Diesel
ADII 165
Full Kryptonite Front end
PPE manifolds up pipes
Special Thanks to:Scott@SDP
Tuned by:Blake@UDT
Best time to date: 12.08 @ 112.58 1.76 60ft
Old 09-24-2018, 09:36 AM

Decided to swap in the toyota CV conversion ive had on the shelf for 2 years now. mainly cause im tired of driving around obsitcles so i dont snap a CV just looking at it. plus i dont know when ill get time to get back out in the garage after my son is born come Jan and i want to be able to wheel still. its been on the back burner as the diff mounts needed alot of massaging i didnt want to do. Well the pass side got that done when i broke it a few months ago so just had the driver side left. This kit is originally for a 1st gen Sidekick/Geo Tracker where the mounts dont interfere.

Tore the rf down since that diff mount has already been clearanced and started putting the kit together. First thing I found different from 1st to 2nd gens is the second gens use a needle bearing for the cv axle to run on, probably due to the fact they run the cvs all the time. Problem is the bore is bigger than first gens so the brass bushing does not fit. Bust out some DOM and start playing with the lathe, shes good to go

Put some high temp loctite on there too just to help hold it all even though its all .002 press fit

Popped in. The raised brass area is for a seal to go in

Then clearanced the knuckle so the Toyota cv fits

Cv comparison. HUGE difference

Started reassembly of the pass side and got everything together and cleared only to find the cv is just long enough to bind soon as you droop suspension due to being compressed too much in the inner cv. I muddled over ways to get clearance and finally decided to just cut the diff mounts up and shift the diff to the driver side 1. That will center the diff flanges under the frame as well and make CV's the same length when i go LT.

Cut, plate, welded the mounts. Pass side is 1 longer, driver side is 1 shorter. Also kicked the driver side mount out to the front 1 to clear the adapters for the toy cvs

Stopped here saturday. Should be finishing up the pass side tonight and start on the driver side.
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-24-2018, 05:44 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

You've got some serious skill brother...
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc... <<<<Broken Under Construction : BTR boost cam, sodium valves, titanium springs, 15% overdriven balancer, 80lb squirters>>>>

1969 MGB GT MKII Factory Condition

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
You've got some serious skill brother...
Thanks NC

Thanks!

Went well into the night last night to finish the tracker. Initially i was just going to finish the pass side and do the driver side later.... well i said f**k it and finished the driver side too. just need to pick up nuts from ace hardware to bolt the toyota CV's to the adapters. Mine have magically disappeared. the longest part of the night was just making another sleeve to press in the bushing, everything else went together like butter.

i am going to run a cv spacer on the pass side. i moved the diff over 1", well apparently the slip in the inner cv is about 1" max. I neglected to check before shifting the diff, just ASSumed. oh well, driver side has 3/8-1/2 of in and out plunge before bottoming at its current spot so just the pass side needs a 1/2" spacer. I could probably run it but the rollers would be right a the edge of the cup at full droop and ill probably blow the cup or rollers if i get in a bind.

Anyhow, here are pics

Pass side all done

CV held on by hopes and dreams

driver side

with the wheel spacers, it doesnt make the hub look like its sticks way out. still shouldnt look too bad once i remove the spacers when the LT kit goes on. I really only needed the inner spline piece for the hubs to make my old hubs work on the toyota axles but finding toyota IFS hubs with just the spline part isnt easy, was better of just picking up complete hubs for 40 bucks shipped. the toyota hubs have more lip on the "free/lock" dial than the samurai ones, makes it easier to grab.
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-25-2018, 07:29 AM
Collywobbler

Looks good James! I had a couple Toyota trucks in the past and the hubs can get hard to turn, especially when muddy. I took a piece of PVC pipe and cut a slot in it to fit over the "lock/free" part making it easier to turn and my hand didn't get muddy either, not that it matters, lol. Only thing was keeping up with a short piece of pipe.
1993 GMC Sonoma 4WD V6 D.D.
Jesus Is The Only Way!
2002 RC/LB LB7~~Sold~~

Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAX Slim View Post
Looks good James! I had a couple Toyota trucks in the past and the hubs can get hard to turn, especially when muddy. I took a piece of PVC pipe and cut a slot in it to fit over the "lock/free" part making it easier to turn and my hand didn't get muddy either, not that it matters, lol. Only thing was keeping up with a short piece of pipe.
yeah thats a common thing with suzuki hubs too. they are all literally the same hub other than very small differences and the inner spline to the axle. i could run the outer part of my suzuki hub in the toyota if i wanted but i like the black better than silver. Even mitsubishi and nissan used the same aisin hubs and they all can be swapped around. They are also WAY stronger than any aftermarket hub as well.

as for mud, i f**king hate mud. i will avoid it at all cost except when i dont realize it like my trip up in payson
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 10-01-2018, 09:40 AM

Finished the front end up. Apparently no one makes a damn cv spacer for 86-95 Toyota’s but after lots of searching and measuring, I took a chance on seeing if a cv spacer from a 99-07 Chevy 1500 would work. Came in and bolt pattern is damn near the same. The diameter that centers the cv axle up is too big and the bolt holes are too small but nothing the lathe and drill press can’t take care of. Wound up cutting it down from 1” spacer to 3/4” which works great.

Had not drilled the bolt holes out yet but you can see how I had to shrink the centering lip .200 so the adapter would slip in. Bolt holes got drilled to 1/2” instead of 12mm to give wiggle room for the slightly off bolt pattern

All bolted up and done

Then changed the oil, checked fluids, looked at how I wanted to mount the spare gas can and there isn’t any way I really want to do it that lets you still see the brake lights. I’ll probably get those rotopaks at some point cause I’m going to built a roof rack for the rig too. broverlander at its best right there with rotopaks!

Yanked my old inverter that finally died and threw a Chinese 2000watt, 4k peak one in. See how long it lasts. Runs my grinder and drill at the same time without breaking a sweat.

Swapped my injectors out from the NA supra injectors i had in it back to stock. my piggy back computer was giving me lean fits a few months back and i just bypassed it with the bypass connector. well then obviously i got crappy fuel mileage from not running it (was running 10.0-10.5 afr when in open loop and im damn near always in that on the highway) but my other issues stopped. Runs much better back on stock injectors (duh). Just have to mount my hi-lift jack before the El Golfo run.
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4