Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Hotrodder

Default 2006 colorado turbo ??

So my friend has an 06 3.5l colorado automatic with 81,000 miles. He/we have been talking about possibly putting together a turbo/kit, any advice or info that I need to know?? Like the turbo and what not

Thanks!

2004 LB7-sold

05 lly cc/sb 4wd

pcv reroute, lbz mp, egr block plate, 5" magnaflow, G2 tie rods, efi by Rob, cts2, SDP trans, pump rub fix, FPRV shim
270k miles
Old 11-22-2014, 01:37 PM
<--- slippery roads

The P12 ECM in the 06-07 colorados is going to be difficult to work with because its not setup for boost...

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 11-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Multiple choice muscle

There are times reading threads here when i see somthing i think would be super cool to try. But then Ben rains on my parade, with superior facts and knowledge.

I dont know how he knows all the stuff he does but he knows his shit
"Rusty Bullet" 2007 Classic CCSB, 1 LT, Greystone 4X4, Cognito, EFI, tuned by McRat/Neens, DSP by Mike Meyer, PPE stuff, Autometer, Trippin, Airdog, MBRP, Bilstein, Hankook, TransGo Jr SOLD 437 hp 1051tq STOCK TRANS
"Tow Pig" 2003 LB7/Alli EC/LB 2x4 4" straight, cts, EFI, SOLD
"Squirel" 2000 Chevy Silvy 1500 RC/SB 5 speed 4.8 little screamer back to stock, had polished 243's ls6 intake cam and valve train
"Great White Hope" 2013 silverado 1500 z71 CCSB loaded Corsa Exhaust, gmpp intake, leveled, 5.3 HO
"White Power"-2012 GMC Sierra, White on tan leather, CCLB Dually, 4x4 LML Alli, All stock
Old 11-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Beer Nazi

Standalone ecm?

HUGE Thanks to Chris, Mike L., McRat Racing, Total Performance Diesel, PPE, Trent, Wicked Diesel, Mike, Henry of Creatures of the Night, Exergy Engineering and the rest of Team Salad<--My Tailgate's Always open for all of you!!

11.84 @ 115
Tailgate Crew Member #2
Old 11-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Hotrodder

Could you add a 2-3 bar map and rescale?
Old 11-23-2014, 11:27 AM
<--- slippery roads

Probably easiest would be to switch to the E67 ECM that was used in the 2008-2012 Colorados...it is an extremely powerful and easy to work with controller that supports lots of boost in factory configuration. (E67 is what the CTS-V and ZR1 vette use)

You'll have to swap harnesses, or swap connectors though; as the P12 and E67 have different connectors.

Ben

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 11-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
Probably easiest would be to switch to the E67 ECM that was used in the 2008-2012 Colorados...it is an extremely powerful and easy to work with controller that supports lots of boost in factory configuration. (E67 is what the CTS-V and ZR1 vette use)

You'll have to swap harnesses, or swap connectors though; as the P12 and E67 have different connectors.

Ben
Interesting.. Thanks for the input!

2004 LB7-sold

05 lly cc/sb 4wd

pcv reroute, lbz mp, egr block plate, 5" magnaflow, G2 tie rods, efi by Rob, cts2, SDP trans, pump rub fix, FPRV shim
270k miles
Old 11-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Getting faster

A 62mm on 8lbs would wake that little 3.5L right up. Met a guy in phoenix with one back when I had my Colorado.

I ended up going 1 step cooler spark plugs and putting the bottle on it. 50hp shot woke it up and Mike L did some tricks to the 4L60.

"OldManTan"
04 SC/SB 1500 big fuel, big SXE turbo, TH400 9.72 @ 150.
06 Cummins cc/sb EFI by Hardway.
15 Cruze diesel deleted by Fleece

Tailgate Member #1 I prefer the backdoor
Old 11-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
The P12 ECM in the 06-07 colorados is going to be difficult to work with because its not setup for boost...
Guys on Colorado Fans and Performance Trucks have had forced induction on the Colorado's since 2008.

"OldManTan"
04 SC/SB 1500 big fuel, big SXE turbo, TH400 9.72 @ 150.
06 Cummins cc/sb EFI by Hardway.
15 Cruze diesel deleted by Fleece

Tailgate Member #1 I prefer the backdoor
Old 11-23-2014, 12:57 PM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider552 View Post
Guys on Colorado Fans and Performance Trucks have had forced induction on the Colorado's since 2008.
Yes, piggyback widgets and the standard typical MAF tricks will work of course with the P12...but Im just picky and like things to be all factory.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...swap-questions

Its just that the E67 is actually setup for boost from the factory, and is much easier to tune with higher resolution tables.

I probably shouldnt have sold the P12 short as I initially did....but if it were me building it, I would swap to an E67.

Ben

Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 PM
FNG

Can any one help with information on an egr delete? Does it actually help.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:23 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeedamed View Post
Can any one help with information on an egr delete? Does it actually help.
On what? And it goes like this
Initially the epa went after NOx in tailpipe emissions
The makers out egr on to reduce NOx
The egr system recircs some of the exhaust back into the ports
This in turn reduces the amount of NOx, as well as available oČ for the fuel to completely burn
That reduction in oČ is what creates soot, or PM(Particulate Matter)
To remedy that, they put on dpf filters

If you remove the dpf and leave egr, you have a sooty mess
If you remove egr and dpf, you have less soot and higher NOx

NOx and Sulphur mixed with moisture in the air make "acid rain"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 AM
FNG

Sorry for the dig up... You never got an answer and I'm just cruising the threads... If you need help with deletes pm and I may be able to help out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk