Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-07-2018, 02:17 AM
Isuzu Shakes IT

If a 6.0 Ford with a small tune is out pulling your truck, it has issues.
Jesse
Old 03-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Diesel View Post
I might have been the few but I got a good bang for the buck on this.

I made 22lbs boost completely stock. I first ran a Hypertech in the 60hp position and it still only did 22lbs till I installed the Bighead. Even in the lowest level it ran over 22lbs. I think there might something else going on, with his mileage, that might be giving him low performance.
Very true, might want to check the intercooler and hot/cold piping for any leaks.
09 lmm ccsb ltz, ATP tuning, mpi s480 over stocker, sdp y bridge, big dipper trans, 60 overs, 10mm pump, ppe up pipes and manifold, banks intercooler & exhaust, airdog165, isspro guages, traction bars, the list goes on
01 lb7 red RC/LB 11.58@119 MPH, SOLD
01 lb7 Black CC/LB, SOLD
Old 03-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Hotrodder

I might have missed it , did you do the pump rub kit ? If not , with 400000 on it , do it today !!! All that other stuff wont do any good if the truck wont move ! The kit seems to be the last thing most of us want to do because it dosent make power or more noise or look better , but when you take the t case apart and see how close you were to loosing $1600 then you feel alot better !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 03-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Too many toys!!!

Last night, scanned my truck, had codes for the APP pedal, replaced it and holy crap, what a difference in the way she runs. Never did set a SES light. I am going on a regular trip in the next week or so up the same mountains, without weight, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHybrid View Post
If a 6.0 Ford with a small tune is out pulling your truck, it has issues.
Like I said earlier, probably expecting too much, It gets me there, so really, I shouldn't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqued2dmax View Post
I might have missed it , did you do the pump rub kit ? If not , with 400000 on it , do it today !!! All that other stuff wont do any good if the truck wont move ! The kit seems to be the last thing most of us want to do because it dosent make power or more noise or look better , but when you take the t case apart and see how close you were to loosing $1600 then you feel alot better !
Good point, keep forgetting that. Thanks.

Last edited by turbovan; 03-07-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Too many toys!!!

Did a boost valve and an AFE Stage 2 air box, got roughly 4 psi more boost off idle and 2 more on top, a whole new animal, so much more fun to drive, towing is much better too. Runs smoother and quieter. MPG up as well. Bad news, coming back from dirt biking yesterday, started to miss at idle and puffing out smoke,

So its either new injectors or swap an LLY top end on.