Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #76  
Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Dews01 Dews01 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: East Tn
Posts: 6
Default Help

Hey guys, Ive been checking out this forum from time to time and it seems like for the most part a good place to kick things around and figure things out. So I have had 4 of these lb7 trucks and love them. I have had different problems and have taken care of them. I have also done a bit of work on several other trucks for folks. Now I have run into a issue thats driving me crazy. I have a 01 that just turned 200k. I bought the truck with bad injectors the previous owner did head gaskets, bolts,radiator, water pump and block heater. (His mechanic told him he needed to replace it all when doing head gaskets) I replaced the injectors and the fuel in the oil problem stopped. My issue now is at times the truck seems lazy on take off and other times I can pull out and it will blow the tires off. I have changed the boost sensor , that was the code it was pulling out. If it done it all the time it would be easier to fix. Anyone have any insight on what it could be.
Thanks,
Dew
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 PM
lil bleur's Avatar
lil bleur lil bleur is offline
Its all good until..BOOM!
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: York PA
Posts: 150

Default

If you post in the LB7 thread you will probably get a better response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dews01 View Post
Hey guys, Ive been checking out this forum from time to time and it seems like for the most part a good place to kick things around and figure things out. So I have had 4 of these lb7 trucks and love them. I have had different problems and have taken care of them. I have also done a bit of work on several other trucks for folks. Now I have run into a issue thats driving me crazy. I have a 01 that just turned 200k. I bought the truck with bad injectors the previous owner did head gaskets, bolts,radiator, water pump and block heater. (His mechanic told him he needed to replace it all when doing head gaskets) I replaced the injectors and the fuel in the oil problem stopped. My issue now is at times the truck seems lazy on take off and other times I can pull out and it will blow the tires off. I have changed the boost sensor , that was the code it was pulling out. If it done it all the time it would be easier to fix. Anyone have any insight on what it could be.
Thanks,
Dew
__________________
04 LB7 RC/LB
05 LLY EC/LB
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-25-2015, 08:44 PM
TeaBagger2006's Avatar
TeaBagger2006 TeaBagger2006 is offline
Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: vegas
Posts: 3,105
Default

could be MAF sensor or as simple as a dirty fuel filter
__________________
Joe
Loosest Tailgater in USA
2006 GMC 3500 D/A LBZ SRW CC/LB SLT 4x4
8" Fabtech lift 37x13.5/20 tires....Mike L trans....some go fast goodies
13.20@106mph

'06 Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-03-2016, 08:39 AM
ArkansasLB7's Avatar
ArkansasLB7 ArkansasLB7 is offline
Nube
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 1
Default

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning a lot from y'all!
__________________
'04 SIlverado LS 4x4 CCSB 235k
Straight Exhaust, EFI Live DSP5, AirDog, Banks Big Head.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-03-2016, 08:03 AM
beast32305 beast32305 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Default 2004.5 LLY 2500hd 6in zone lift

New to the forum but after reading through the past threads trying to decide if some of the (upgrades) are worth it. Like the egr delete and pcv reroute. Seems like most have done them within the 1st 150k miles. Mine has 484k and still running strong just getting around to thinking about doing them.

Last edited by beast32305; 08-03-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 AM
beast32305 beast32305 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Default

My truck has spent it's entire life (was purchased new with 12 miles on it) hooked to a 24ft enclosed trailer hauling appliances.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Dozerboy's Avatar
Dozerboy Dozerboy is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX of course
Posts: 3,775

Default

Egr blocking or delete is always a good idea. Unless you plan on unloading that truck soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4





These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Redhead45 Redhead45 is offline
Seabee1
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Default

Hey guys new to the forum but had my truck for a few years. How do I post my signature or add it?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-05-2016, 07:30 PM
TheBac's Avatar
TheBac TheBac is offline
Why do I keep doing this?


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 11,865

Default

Look up next to your sign-in, see "Quick Links"? Click that, then "Edit Signature"
__________________
Tom
"BBT" -- 2003 GMC CC/SB 4x4 12.14@111.15
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work


Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Redhead45 Redhead45 is offline
Seabee1
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks got it!
__________________
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD LMM
EGR/DPF delete | MBRP 5" straight pipe from MBRP 3"DP | MotorOps EFI Live w/DSP5 | Edge CTS 2 monitor | PPE manifolds and up pipes | Fusion front bumper | FASS 150 W/ Beans Diesel fuel sump | S&B CAI | ISSPRO boost and pyro gauge | BDS 6" suspension 35" Toyo M/T open country on 20" Fuel Krank wheels | CST UCA | Mag hytec trans and diff cover
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-05-2016, 08:06 PM
WVRigrat05's Avatar
WVRigrat05 WVRigrat05 is offline
Wound for sound
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: French Creek, West Virginia
Posts: 3,030

Default

It took me 3 minutes to read this whole thread, and the repetitive questions are, wow.
__________________
Reger
05' Black Chevy CC/SB LT- Blackout Performance built motor/trans/tuning- Gone

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles. Piston eater.

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R

Rig ride/new DD-02' Black Eddie Bauer explorer 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans, outlasted two Duramaxs.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Poltergeist's Avatar
Poltergeist Poltergeist is offline
Ghost in the Machine
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Calif.
Posts: 9,863

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
It took me 3 minutes to read this whole thread, and the repetitive questions are, wow.
This is nothing compared to how often I get "I'm having trouble logging into the site" and they have never registered with the site. I remember one guy insisting that he had registered with our sister diesel site and not understanding why he had to re-register here. We don't have another diesel site.
__________________

Privately owned since August 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-06-2016, 02:17 PM
WVRigrat05's Avatar
WVRigrat05 WVRigrat05 is offline
Wound for sound
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: French Creek, West Virginia
Posts: 3,030

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
This is nothing compared to how often I get "I'm having trouble logging into the site" and they have never registered with the site. I remember one guy insisting that he had registered with our sister diesel site and not understanding why he had to re-register here. We don't have another diesel site.
Lol, that's crazy, I love it.
__________________
Reger
05' Black Chevy CC/SB LT- Blackout Performance built motor/trans/tuning- Gone

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles. Piston eater.

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R

Rig ride/new DD-02' Black Eddie Bauer explorer 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans, outlasted two Duramaxs.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-28-2016, 07:28 AM
69434's Avatar
69434 69434 is offline
LML
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 14
Default

Just another diesel truck...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors