Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Gearhead

Default Idle overspeed-CP3 Issue??

Hi guys, I have a 01 lb7 with 315 kms. Did injectors at 220kms along with FPR been problem free for 3 yrs. yesterday after a 80 mile hwy drive the idle was at 800 rpm, about 200 higher than normal. Its really loud as if it was started on a -20 day, along with a buzzing whirring sound. The extra idle speed is causing hard downshifts and upshifts. Also even tho the truck is warm the glow
Plugs are cycling every start, for about 10 seconds, again, as if it was doing a -20 start. No engine light, no smoke, or fuel in the oil. Other than being louder it still makes power the same. Any ideas here??
That buzzing sound also only is evident after it warms up fron cold too, as other than being 200 rpn higher it sounded mormal at start up today. Also oil pressure is normal. Is that buzzing sound the CP3? Last time i had FPR issues the truck loped at idle, but no overspeed. Any suggestion greatly appreciated. I dont have any other wheels on the road. Thanks in advance. Cory
Old 04-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Heavy & Slow

What does the temperature gauge show? Is it staying on cold the whole time? The temperature sensor might have failed, which could cause all your symptoms.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Old 04-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
What does the temperature gauge show? Is it staying on cold the whole time? The temperature sensor might have failed, which could cause all your symptoms.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk
It seems ok. Hasn't overheated ever, but the cycling glow plugs, would be explained with that diagnosis. The sounds I'm hearing are mostly a vibration it seems. No engine light on, and I don't have a scantool so Ill have to get it to someone that does. If its that simple Ill do cartwheels of joy

Thanks Cory
Old 04-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Gearhead

Default temp sensor issue?

Hi have a stock 01 lb7 that has started to idle 200 rpm higher than it should and has become very loud.The trans is shifting hard , as well as the glowplugs are cycling every time I start as if it was -30. Any ideas here? thanks in advance cory
Old 04-15-2018, 07:38 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Stick to one thread. We don’t need multiple threads started when a diagnosis of what you are starting a new thread for is already being done in an older thread
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-16-2018, 12:46 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Stick to one thread. We don’t need multiple threads started when a diagnosis of what you are starting a new thread for is already being done in an older thread
sorry for trying my hardest to get a response. don't worry I wont post shit anymore thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 02:50 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwodiesel View Post
sorry for trying my hardest to get a response. don't worry I wont post shit anymore thanks
k bye! dont let the door kick you in the ass on the way out! no one here has an obligation to help you nor do we need repetitive threads over and over cause you feel you arent getting answers fast enough.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
k bye! dont let the door kick you in the ass on the way out! no one here has an obligation to help you nor do we need repetitive threads over and over cause you feel you arent getting answers fast enough.
Fair enough. lots of forums out there God
Old 04-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

He didnt single you out. We've combined threads before for the same reasons.
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwodiesel View Post

No need to get butt hurt. Do what was suggested and report back. The crystal ball is broken this week.

What does the cluster gauge show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 CCSB LT LB7 deleted

Some cool stuff, some fast stuff, some slow stuff
EFI by Kory

Special thanks to Evan@Limitless
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Hotrodder

Boy that escalated quickly... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Heavy & Slow

Why is it that people
  • make a thread
  • get instructions for how to diagnose the root issue
  • decide that sounds like work
  • make more threads asking the same thing, hoping for ????
Not like James told him to f*** off when he combined the threads, just said not to make duplicates.

I get that this is the internet, and you can't read emotion/intent of a post, but what do you expect for free? We gave you the info needed to diagnose, just never got a response.

Go get a scan tool, read coolant temperature, report back. Heck, even just mention what the temperature gauge does as you drive. "Never overheats" just means it doesn't go into the red zone. But does it move at all?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Why is it that people
  • make a thread
Not like James told him to f*** off when he combined the threads, just said not to make duplicates.

I get that this is the internet, and you can't read emotion/intent of a post, but what do you expect for free? We gave you the info needed to diagnose, just never got a response.

Go get a scan tool, read coolant temperature, report back. Heck, even just mention what the temperature gauge does as you drive. "Never overheats" just means it doesn't go into the red zone. But does it move at all?
Quoted for truth. Can you post the same thing over in that molonlabe guy's injector thread?

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)
Old 04-18-2018, 02:11 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Why is it that people
  • make a thread

I get that this is the internet, and you can't read emotion/intent of a post, but what do you expect for free? We gave you the info needed to diagnose, just never got a response.b

And how the **** does that shit apply to me?? I post a question.... wait for days with no response, and the minute i try a different route, im an asshole.Of course the big Bad hallway monitor has to be ignorant about it. Takes the time to scour the posts looking for repeats but counldnt take a minute to point a guy in the right direction. Maybe some
Of us dont have a 1200 efi lisense, or access to a scanner asap. Well i dont. I have to wait two weeks to get in to a shop and i dont have another truck to drive

Its almost like some people juat wanna badger other people..... pounce on them for not knowing everything there is to know about the almighty DURAMAX DIESEL FORUM. Like I said. Theres more forums and other ways for me to try to remedy my situation while i wait. Thanks none the less, but I came to this forum to try and resolve my problems, but instead ended up in a jam with the “forum bouncers”. I guess I can assume every memeber is like that, and maybe that all thsi really is a place for people to brag, showoff how big their dick is (i mean how many hp they got), and to take out “their” bad day on someone else.......but not to potentially help a guy find out something he doesnt know, or even remotely have a normal interaction with another person who knows more about dmax trucks than myself. All I found here is that I must qualify.

Thanks anyways.
Ill just wait the reat of the two weeks,
And walk where i gotta go. Sounds easier than trying to deal with this ****ing bullshit.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:31 AM

You waited -- literally -- 3 hours. Three - whole - hours!
Dave responded to your problem with what you should check first based on the little bit of info you gave. Its what anyone else would've recommended, too.
Its up to you to get off your ass, do the actual work necessary to PROPERLY diagnose the issues, and respond back with more detailed info on whats happening if what was recommended did or didnt work. Thats how this forum works. We arent there standing next to you.

Sorry you dont have ready access to a scan tool, but thats really the only way to properly diagnose what's happening with any modern vehicle.
I have to ask why you arent prepared with even a basic scanner, esp if you're way out in the sticks.

No staffer here is going to let you (or anyone else for that matter) post multiple threads on the exact same subject for any reason, let alone JUST BECAUSE you think you should be able to, or you didnt like the "response time", or you demand answers (which is what you're doing). We do this for free. We dont HAVE to help you. This isnt our job. Calling us names b/c you feel we arent catering to you properly wont get your problem solved any faster, will it?

We all realize you are frustrated but you've gone about things all wrong. Dont take your frustration out on the people you are asking for help from, and dont give the staff an attitude for simply doing their job. Thats counter productive.
But if you feel you can get better "service" at another forum, then by all means go for it. We wish you Good luck.

Last edited by TheBac; 04-18-2018 at 01:06 PM.