Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 07-18-2018, 12:59 PM
davig's Avatar
davig davig is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: west jordan, utah
Posts: 168

Default Pvc?

I have a cali lb7 i know it has the egr. but does it also have a pvc? And if so how can i delete it, or is there a kit somewhere someone knows about?
__________________
2003 lb7 crew cab.5" turbo back exhaust and PPE boost increase valve. Lt265/70/17. Autometer gauges. Aih delete. bills custom intake stage 5. Creatures of the night efi live tunning. Ppe tie rods. 50 over injectors. .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2018, 01:12 PM
ChrisPerry's Avatar
ChrisPerry ChrisPerry is offline
...........
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 152
Default

Lb7's are already vented to atmosphere.

And it's pcv. Pvc is a plastic pipe. lol
__________________
02 GMC 2500HD, EC/LB, LB7, 2wd, 6" lift, 35" tires. ds LML manifold, PPE 260 hp tune, boost valve, race plug, Airdog 165 lift pump, CAT filter mod, mechanical egt and boost gauges, SB intake, high flow turbo horn, ported turbo exhaust housing, kbd drop in wheel, Banks Bighead wastegate, egr blocked, intake heater delete, PPE downpipe, 5 " exhaust w/ cat delete, Mike L built trans w/ Goerend R converter. Levi's heat blankets

7-6-17...New headgaskets, studs, Fed heads, and LDS replacement injectors @ 202,239 Miles
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Bulldogr6's Avatar
Bulldogr6 Bulldogr6 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wester Mass
Posts: 23
Default

Polyvinyl chloride pipe ? None on my truck! ;-)

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2018, 01:00 AM
OregonDMAX's Avatar
OregonDMAX OregonDMAX is offline
NOT IN OREGON
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Posts: 3,627

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPerry View Post
Lb7's are already vented to atmosphere.

And it's pcv. Pvc is a plastic pipe. lol
He has a call emissions truck, it might not be vented to atmosphere
__________________
Sean
02 CCSB
Moonshine tunes, Mike L trans
Mike L secret squirrel converter
Exergy Sportsman, 4/6 drop, LML 20's/420's
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2018, 10:11 AM
2004LB7's Avatar
2004LB7 2004LB7 is online now
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcal
Posts: 1,117

Default

The cali trucks have a pcv. They come off of each valve cover join up and run down the side of the engine near the fcim / alternator. Can't recall if it dumps to the ground or if it is plumbed into anything
__________________
2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

2006 BRM Jetta TDI. Injectors, turbo, Malone custom tuning on ecm and tcm
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2018, 10:46 AM
davig's Avatar
davig davig is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: west jordan, utah
Posts: 168

Default

hahahaha I knew that it is a pcv i missed typed it.
__________________
2003 lb7 crew cab.5" turbo back exhaust and PPE boost increase valve. Lt265/70/17. Autometer gauges. Aih delete. bills custom intake stage 5. Creatures of the night efi live tunning. Ppe tie rods. 50 over injectors. .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
DAVe3283's Avatar
DAVe3283 DAVe3283 is online now
Heavy & Slow



 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 2,774

Default

The cali emissions LB7 PCV dumps to atmosphere after the oil separator. Once EGR is blocked/removed, the intake will remain pristine with no further effort!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 14,428

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
The cali emissions LB7 PCV dumps to atmosphere after the oil separator. Once EGR is blocked/removed, the intake will remain pristine with no further effort!


Wouldn’t that be all LB7 then? Mines that way and it’s a federal emission
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:04 PM
DAVe3283's Avatar
DAVe3283 DAVe3283 is online now
Heavy & Slow



 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 2,774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Wouldn’t that be all LB7 then? Mines that way and it’s a federal emission
Yeah, that would be a simpler way of putting it. All LB7s vent the PCV to the atmosphere.

I'm just over here confusing everyone by over-complicating my explanation
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:43 PM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 14,428

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
Yeah, that would be a simpler way of putting it. All LB7s vent the PCV to the atmosphere.

I'm just over here confusing everyone by over-complicating my explanation


Hahaha!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors