Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 AM
FNG

Default Hi Everyone

Hi, I have been a long time lurker, as I have had my truck for about 5 years, and I figured I would join the fun, and I have a question I am not sure where to post, and can't find the answer to.

I have a 06 Sliverado CC/SB, 4x4, with just and exhaust and a tune. I have about 250k on it. My other vehicle is an ethanol powered Miata with a fully built engine, vvt conversion, GT2871 turbo, standalone, and countless other things on it. I have been in the Air Force for a little over 10 years, and it is looking like I am a lifer (they have me until 15 years anyways). I have an A.S. in Engineering and am 3 classes away from my B.S. in Environmental Science.

I actually have a question about the lower radiator hose o-ring, and I am not sure where to put it. It looked like the other posts of the subject were in the smoke screen section, but I didn't want to be that guy that posts in the wrong section. I bought a dorman 926-160 o-ring, but with no matter how much force I exerted on it I couldn't get it to slip on to the radiator. I am 6'4" and 220, so I am not a small guy. I stuck my old ring back on and it is still leaking. Is there anyway that o-ring is too big? Was I just not lining it up exactly right?

95 Miata - Fully built, 11.9 @121

Last edited by Burkeomatic; 12-02-2019 at 01:27 PM.