Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Hotrodder

I had a filter head that would leak down if the truck sat. With the AD, it does not leak down. it seems to only be a Vacuum leak not a pressure leak.

I have seen vacuum leaks before that would hold pressure. You may have a filter head issue where its leaking down. Before you try to start the truck, try priming it to see if it will start and run without dying.
EGR blocked. PCV rerouted. Resonator blocked (reinstalled for looks). Bladerunner installed. Dead kitty by MBRP (front pipe) and down tube replaced with the MBRP (heat wrapped from the turbo down to the front pipe).
Performax Gauges by ISSPRO in pod over mirror and overhead console (console pod by PPE). Mike L Transmission.
----Looking to do an onboard air with a set of truck air horns. Want Nathan K5LA's but not in the budget at the moment.----

06 GMC CCSB 2WD LBZ SLT package. Traded for '17 Denali

18 Denali CCSB 2500 4WD Mineral Metallic with Cocoa/Dark Sand Interior
Old 12-14-2017, 07:33 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawles2 View Post
I had a filter head that would leak down if the truck sat. With the AD, it does not leak down. it seems to only be a Vacuum leak not a pressure leak.

I have seen vacuum leaks before that would hold pressure. You may have a filter head issue where its leaking down. Before you try to start the truck, try priming it to see if it will start and run without dying.
Yessir thats exactly what it is. Prime it before starting and it doesn't lose prime after fire up. Have a buddy here in town that has an extra header, going to try that before I swap my ad out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Hotrodder

Thatís your bast bet then. I would just order an lbz head and be done with it.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:35 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashton1206 View Post
Thatís your bast bet then. I would just order an lbz head and be done with it.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.
Any dd vendors you would recommend for that?

Old 12-19-2017, 05:51 PM
FNG

Got it figured out! It was the ad all along. New 165 4g fixed everything. Before the new ad I borrowed a known good header from BurnDown and it still lost prime. After 4g install no loss of prime and no leakage.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:51 PM
FNG

Thanks for the input fellas.