Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus450 View Post
And you didn’t have to remove the turbo for the blanket?? I’d be interested in one for my LBZ

Update

Never mind I just checked out the guys website looks like they’re held in with ties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They work great I just installed mine on my 68 valley charger and on my s480. The blanket on the stock charger is held on with stainless ties. I bought them to help keep the underhood temps down, after a hard run I can pop the hood and lay my hand on the blankets with no problem
09 lmm ccsb ltz, moonshine, mpi s480 over 68mm vgt, sdp y bridge, BigDipper trans, 60 overs, 10mm pump, ppe up pipes and manifold, banks intercooler & exhaust, airdog165, isspro guages, traction bars, the list goes on...Big thanks to BigDipper!
01 lb7 red RC/LB 11.58@119 MPH, SOLD
01 lb7 Black CC/LB, SOLD
Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity58 View Post
They work great I just installed mine on my 68 valley charger and on my s480. The blanket on the stock charger is held on with stainless ties. I bought them to help keep the underhood temps down, after a hard run I can pop the hood and lay my hand on the blankets with no problem
Wow!!! That cool huh, I need one for my 65 3794 Do you happen to have any good pics of yours

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2019, 07:43 AM
Computer Nerd

Subed
FASS Titanium Signature Series 165
Danville BMW GT3794 Stg. 2 Thanks Mark
Built Mike L tranny w/ Limitless TC Thanks Mike & Evan
Old 05-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Hotrodder

Levi - do you think that I can install your up-pipe blankets without pulling the up-pipes? The EGR riser is cut off. TIA! Wally
Old 05-22-2019, 05:13 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BRK View Post
Levi - do you think that I can install your up-pipe blankets without pulling the up-pipes? The EGR riser is cut off. TIA! Wally
Is your transmission out? I installed mine with the up-pipes installed but my downpipe or trans was out.

If your downpipe was out but everything else was in you COULD do it but man it would be terrible and take way way longer than it should. The drivers side is the biggest nightmare when the trans is installed due to the lack of access compared to the passenger side.
-Tuned by Zach @ Starlite
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR Gen 4 S480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD & Beans Sumps, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

2) DD/Tow Rig: 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-Tuned by Starlite
-Bosch NEW Injectors, FASS 150, 3" Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 AM
Hotrodder

Of course it's in, LOL. I did my turbo several years ago too, and I remember it was a PITA to pull the up-pipes. If the answer is that it's doable with some difficulty if I pull just the downpipe for some added room, I'll do it! But if there's no way around having to pull the up-pipes, then I'm out! LOL.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:13 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Of course it's in, LOL. I did my turbo several years ago too, and I remember it was a PITA to pull the up-pipes. If the answer is that it's doable with some difficulty if I pull just the downpipe for some added room, I'll do it! But if there's no way around having to pull the up-pipes, then I'm out! LOL.
The drivers side will the the one that is hardest due to the power steering shaft/hoses/wiring etc all being in your way to reach in there as well as the turbo pedestal/mount. I wouldn't guarantee anything but I would imagine with time and a few cases of beer you could get it done.
-Tuned by Zach @ Starlite
-Built Motor, Forced Inductions Billet ETR Gen 4 S480/96/1.10 T6 w/V2 Race Cover, Modded Exergy 250% Injectors, Exergy 14mm Street Pump/LBZ CP3, Goerend Q Converter, Billet Trans, Fuelab Supply Pump/Reg, RCD & Beans Sumps, Front E-Locker, TrueTrac, Yukon 4340 Rear Shafts, Traction Bars, DHD Center Link Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support

2) DD/Tow Rig: 2002 LB7 CCSB, Leather, Loaded
-Tuned by Starlite
-Bosch NEW Injectors, FASS 150, 3" Downpipe, 4" Downpipe Back, RCD Sump, PPE Sleeves, DHD Centerlink Brace, DHD Lower Crossmember Support, Steering Wheel Radio Control Swap
Old 05-22-2019, 08:28 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
Is your transmission out? I installed mine with the up-pipes installed but my downpipe or trans was out.

If your downpipe was out but everything else was in you COULD do it but man it would be terrible and take way way longer than it should. The drivers side is the biggest nightmare when the trans is installed due to the lack of access compared to the passenger side.
Pretty much what Brad said. I've had several customers say they've installed the blankets without removing the pipes or trans. Either by pulling the downpipe or it was a twin'd truck. They did not speak fondly of the experience but they were able to get it done in the end.
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets
Old 05-22-2019, 09:09 AM
Hotrodder

Ugh. LOL. If only I could train underpants gnomes to crawl back there. Blast their tiny arms and hands.

I'll order the blankets and buy some beer. Thanks for the advice and the upcoming "I told you so".