Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Hotrodder

Default Quick Thanks to the collective knowledge here

My buddy asked me what lift for his truck. I know he uses the truck to pull a 40' toy hauler long distances and heavy. I know from years of reading here, that Cognito 4" is his best bet for what he wants to do. He wound up listening to some shop instead and did a different lift. The truck was undriveable. Then they admitted that they installed the wrong model lift for his truck and wanted to install a different brand lift - huh?

Long story short, he ponied up the $$ and bought a whole 4" kit from Cognito and we installed it together at my house last weekend. So far he is happy as a pig in shit and says it rides better than stock. In 3 hours he is loading up the 5'er for a NJ to Pittsburgh run. I'm excited to hear his feedback.

If you shut up and read, there's a lot of great info and fart-smellas here contributing.

Thanks to all of the regular contributors here for 10 years of great info and counting

Wally
Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Good to hear!
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BRK View Post
My buddy asked me what lift for his truck. I know he uses the truck to pull a 40' toy hauler long distances and heavy. I know from years of reading here, that Cognito 4" is his best bet for what he wants to do. He wound up listening to some shop instead and did a different lift. The truck was undriveable. Then they admitted that they installed the wrong model lift for his truck and wanted to install a different brand lift - huh?

Long story short, he ponied up the $$ and bought a whole 4" kit from Cognito and we installed it together at my house last weekend. So far he is happy as a pig in shit and says it rides better than stock. In 3 hours he is loading up the 5'er for a NJ to Pittsburgh run. I'm excited to hear his feedback.

If you shut up and read, there's a lot of great info and fart-smellas here contributing.

Thanks to all of the regular contributors here for 10 years of great info and counting

Wally
Good to hear too... thanks for the feedback. Let us know if he likes the Cognitive lift. I have the lift decision to make as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta1197 View Post
Good to hear too... thanks for the feedback. Let us know if he likes the Cognitive lift. I have the lift decision to make as well.

Cognito... stupid spell check

Old 05-16-2019, 12:37 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

4" lift, Cognito is the best out there but also the most expensive.

the best "cheapest" lift is the tough country in the 4 or 6" flavor. ive installed two of those and two cognitos, they both have VERY good geometry steering wise and suspension wise but the cognito has the option of not dropping torsion bars which is nice. ive installed others as well but i by far favor those two kits.
James

02 LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, L5P 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 05-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post

the best "cheapest" lift is the tough country in the 4 or 6" flavor. ive installed two of those and two cognitos, they both have VERY good geometry steering wise and suspension wise but the cognito has the option of not dropping torsion bars which is nice. ive installed others as well but i by far favor those two kits.
You mean to tell me cranking your torsion bars with an impact and upper control arms arenít a lift kit

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 05-16-2019, 01:40 PM
FNG

Quote:

In looking for lift kits, I wondered about the Rough Country because they were so much cheaper. I feel like you more often than not, get what you pay for.
Thanks for the info, personal experience and word of mouth go a long way.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Hotrodder

And that is really why I pushed him to Cognito 4Ē. You can argue similar parts quality all day long, but if the science/math isnít there to back it up, then forget it.

Quote:

Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Computer Nerd

I purchased the Cognito NTBD 4-6 lift and love it. It's set a 4 now and I haven't had any issues.
Built tranny w/ Limitless TC Thanks Mike & Evan