Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-14-2019, 12:19 AM
Hotrodder

Default O-ringing of block

Sorry for so many questions lately guys, in the final stages of building my lmm here in Australia, and just making sure everything will be sweet so i don't run in to many issues.

so i have spent a fair bit searching around and reading about O-ringing the block but can't find much info at what power level it should be done.

a few people have suggested that i should. and then have seen some posts saying its not needed till around 900HP

So currently going to be looking at running 750-800 hp single turbo from mark, on either genuine mahle, or wave stopper head gaskets with 625+ head studs.
possibly in a few years time like many years down the track might look at putting another turbo over that one. when ever (if i ever put another turbo in) it wont see no more then 900hp, due to the drive line this combo is in wont be able to handle it.

i feel like i don't need to O-ring but would like to hear other peoples opinion on this.

if we do need to O-ring i wouldn't mind hearing the details on what needs to be done, dimensions ect
Old 04-14-2019, 08:41 AM
FNG

There are some good YouTube videos of them o ringing a Cummins.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Hotrodder

I wouldn’t mess with it at your power level... If you you planned on going over a 1k hp at some point then yes but not for what your planning.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Hotrodder

Oringing the block will work with standard ARP 2000 studs but with 625s at the power level you are talking you won’t need it. It isn’t very expensive to do anyways so I would do it for the room to grow if you desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03 GMC 4x4 CC/SB Intake, Dual Exhaust, built motor by Me, Cognito Kryptonite Suspension upgrades, Custom Traction Bars by Me, Suncoast Trans, 1055-1 Convertor, Two AirDog II 200's, Billet Sump, Venom Tuning AKA Me, Custom Fabbed Fuel system, Flexlite Fans, Best Time to date 7.14 at 98.21 mph 1211.8HP 1954.5 FT/Lb torque
2013 LML Daily Driver, 5" FloPro Exhaust, Venom Tuning, Ad 165 4G Lift Pump, Upcoming HSP Billet Bridge And Piping, Upcoming CP3 Conversion