Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Hotrodder

I still have that truck with the transfer case in it, I have about 40-50k more miles on it and still rolling around with a 1k ft lbs tune and no issues other than what was mentioned in the beginning to date.

I recently contacted a company and having them make a special output shaft for the Allison (32 splines, high quality steel, heat treated etc.) to try a 08-09 H2 transfer case(BW4484). It has 4-high-open, 4 high-lock, 4 low for positions. Then having them make an input shaft for the Silverado SS case (NP149) that's 32 splines, that one is a viscous clutch. Just to try them out, as you can tell I enjoy AWD vehicles and these projects. I will also update those like my current case to handle a bit more power.

This time next year I intend on building a single-cab-short-bed duramax(LBZ) - Boxed-frame, slightly lowered, big sway-bars, poly bushings, built front-end; basically make it one the of the best handling duramax's possible.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:06 AM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisuns View Post
I still have that truck with the transfer case in it, I have about 40-50k more miles on it and still rolling around with a 1k ft lbs tune and no issues other than what was mentioned in the beginning to date.

I recently contacted a company and having them make a special output shaft for the Allison (32 splines, high quality steel, heat treated etc.) to try a 08-09 H2 transfer case(BW4484). It has 4-high-open, 4 high-lock, 4 low for positions. Then having them make an input shaft for the Silverado SS case (NP149) that's 32 splines, that one is a viscous clutch. Just to try them out, as you can tell I enjoy AWD vehicles and these projects. I will also update those like my current case to handle a bit more power.

This time next year I intend on building a single-cab-short-bed duramax(LBZ) - Boxed-frame, slightly lowered, big sway-bars, poly bushings, built front-end; basically make it one the of the best handling duramax's possible.
The short bed boxed frame you mentioned, are you using a 2500hd shortened too short bed and box it or using a 1500 frame boxed up? I've always thought how cool it would be to have an AWD single cab short bed Duramax meant to handle the track or windy roads where I live. The suspension, would it be coil overs or airbags or sticking with stock torsion bars?

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 12-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'GMC View Post
The short bed boxed frame you mentioned, are you using a 2500hd shortened too short bed and box it or using a 1500 frame boxed up? I've always thought how cool it would be to have an AWD single cab short bed Duramax meant to handle the track or windy roads where I live. The suspension, would it be coil overs or airbags or sticking with stock torsion bars?
I'll for sure be sticking with a 2500 frame and shortening that; I may even try to put a 2011+ frame on it to getting around from boxing the 01-10s. Those are the two options that are on my mind at least - I still have a bit of research to do in that department.

The front suspension I'll more than likely leave torsion; the rear: a 5 link air setup has been on my mind - maybe a Keldermans, or even custom (pending I decide to buy a CNC plasma table and CNC machine I've been looking at). Although, specifics like that will be further down the road, since this will likely be one of the vehicles I keep for the rest of my life, as a toy.

It's mostly in the planning stages/slowly looking around for the right truck when time allows at this point in time.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:15 PM
WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisuns View Post

I have a project that I want to use with the np149 behind a 6l90, not as much power as your running though.