Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-21-2018, 12:41 PM
<--Heavy Smoker

Default I think I have Theft lock problems

Truck will start and run for maybe 2-3 seconds and then shuts off. Repeatedly. Doesnít matter if I cycle the key off/on or just leave it on and crank again. I believe itís something theft lock related because after it shuts off the dash light of a car with a padlock on it flashes. Itís solid lit for the few seconds that the truck is running.
Iíve tried locking and unlocking the doors a few times with the FOB, and all itís functions still seem to work.
I canít recall if the theft lock sensor is in the key itself or the FOB?
Thanks in advance!
Jason
'01 LB7, EFI Live, SoCal Stage 1 Heads, BD Man, KD 4" SS Exhaust & Dual LP's, SD centerlink, Trippin Billet Fuel Pickup, Cognito pitman/idler stiffeners, Beefy Tie Rods, PURPLE SCIV, 1058 TC, Mike L trans cooler & Snake Oiler, Full Transgo, NEW Co-PilotATS 75 hp Sticks, Suncoast Transfer Case Brace, High Idle, Eaton E-Locker, AAM (Torsen) Rear Diff, 305/75/17 BFG's, OS #15188873
Proud Member of Team Salad!
Mid-Whore #1

Old 07-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Hotrodder

If it's like mine it's in the cylinder. Cylinder sends proper ohms to ecm to start truck. This was on a gasser. Google key relearn procedure. Actually I think it's a sticky here somewhere. Also check battery cables. Loose or not.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:37 PM
<--Heavy Smoker

Ok I will try that. Thanks!
For what it’s worth, a few weeks ago the truck started doing this thing where it won’t even turn over if the steering wheel isn’t pretty much raised all the way up or down. Won’t even turn over in the middle settings. Maybe now it’s all steering column related?
'01 LB7, EFI Live, SoCal Stage 1 Heads, BD Man, KD 4" SS Exhaust & Dual LP's, SD centerlink, Trippin Billet Fuel Pickup, Cognito pitman/idler stiffeners, Beefy Tie Rods, PURPLE SCIV, 1058 TC, Mike L trans cooler & Snake Oiler, Full Transgo, NEW Co-PilotATS 75 hp Sticks, Suncoast Transfer Case Brace, High Idle, Eaton E-Locker, AAM (Torsen) Rear Diff, 305/75/17 BFG's, OS #15188873
Mid-Whore #1

Old 07-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Hotrodder

Probably a break in the wiring. I would start there

2006 BRM Jetta TDI. Injectors, turbo, Malone custom tuning on ecm and tcm
Old 07-21-2018, 03:02 PM
<--Heavy Smoker

Turns out there was a connector basically unplugged inside the steering column. Under the key cylinder.
I was poking some of the wiring harnesses inside the column while waiting on relearning the key and lost all power. Tore column covers off and found that connection basically “loose”. It appears to me that whatever is supposed to “keep” that connector connected has been broken off sometime in the past.
Thanks for leading me to the right places!
Mid-Whore #1