Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-20-2018, 06:38 AM
Hotrodder

Twins would be asking for trouble not reliability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:51 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post

Thanks! Iím looking at a 16 LTZ now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
04 LB7, Duramax tuner,Rickson wheels with Goodyear 14ply tires,banks exhaust brake,banks inter cooler,4in Banks with muffler, PPE boost valve, edge CTS for gauges, MBRP down pipe, Banks CAI with super scoop,Fass 150 titanium lift pump, DRP intake horn, driver side exhaust manifold, helwig front and rear sway bars,bilstein shocks,Ppe rear dif cover and transmission pan, centric slotted rotors with act brake pads,stainless brake lines,transfer case brace,kryptonite tie-rods,stock trans and turbo.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Hotrodder

Can anyone tell me if the 8 lug pattern has change since 04?
Thanks

04 LB7, Duramax tuner,Rickson wheels with Goodyear 14ply tires,banks exhaust brake,banks inter cooler,4in Banks with muffler, PPE boost valve, edge CTS for gauges, MBRP down pipe, Banks CAI with super scoop,Fass 150 titanium lift pump, DRP intake horn, driver side exhaust manifold, helwig front and rear sway bars,bilstein shocks,Ppe rear dif cover and transmission pan, centric slotted rotors with act brake pads,stainless brake lines,transfer case brace,kryptonite tie-rods,stock trans and turbo.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:14 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gello View Post
Can anyone tell me if the 8 lug pattern has change since 04?
Thanks

yes it has. Maybe 8x170 now I canít remember even though I bought aftermarket rims for mine
diamond eye down pipe
bd manifold
airdog 150
custom 5in pipe to 6in powdercoated stack
fleece sc stage 4 . thanks again brayden

team borrowed time member #8
cedarfalls raceway- sep/27/09 12.63@107mph

2016 2500HD z71: all stock except rims and tires
2006 Volkswagen Jetta tdi
Old 07-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach_33 View Post
yes it has. Maybe 8x170 now I canít remember even though I bought aftermarket rims for mine

Great thanks

Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post

My twin turbo trucks have been stone cold reliable.... If setup properly they are hard to beat.

You guys with your new trucks and giant payments kindly move over when my old junkers catch ya
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Down View Post
My twin turbo trucks have been stone cold reliable.... If setup properly they are hard to beat.

You guys with your new trucks and giant payments kindly move over when my old junkers catch ya

Lmao!!

Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Great thanks

Itís 8x180 for the 2011+ gm trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML6600DMAX View Post
Itís 8x180 for the 2011+ gm trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
I see a 2016 srw LTZ with 25k on it for early 50s . Hmmmm!

I'd buy it, won't drop much over the years if cared for. Look at what a high mileage lbz sells for...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I'd buy it, won't drop much over the years if cared for. Look at what a high mileage lbz sells for...

Yeah that what Iím thinking, plus they want to give me 20 for mine
Thanks for the advice!!!!

Old 07-20-2018, 11:22 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Or pick up a new body style LML and have it all!!!
no way.... still got the dead pedal to contend with (it becomes very apparent in az heat even with the new update in the truck), CP4 crap and available tuning is good but its far from refined due to lack of tables and how everything intertwines. plus its 50hp short of an L5P.

If he wants to tune the thing and keep it reliable, i wouldnt even suggest buying a 40-50k LML, jsut stick with the truck he has. build the trans, put twins on and put a tune in that is about 400-450rwhp max, engine oil cooler and your off and running. That is all assuming the fuel system is in good shape, mechanically everything else is good and so on.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 07-20-2018, 06:00 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
no way.... still got the dead pedal to contend with (it becomes very apparent in az heat even with the new update in the truck), CP4 crap and available tuning is good but its far from refined due to lack of tables and how everything intertwines. plus its 50hp short of an L5P.

If he wants to tune the thing and keep it reliable, i wouldnt even suggest buying a 40-50k LML, jsut stick with the truck he has. build the trans, put twins on and put a tune in that is about 400-450rwhp max, engine oil cooler and your off and running. That is all assuming the fuel system is in good shape, mechanically everything else is good and so on.
Well. I guess we differ on opinion then. Lots of people in the know hate the L5P, seems it's a disconnected turd. Hence why I kept my 16...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:12 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Well. I guess we differ on opinion then. Lots of people in the know hate the L5P, seems it's a disconnected turd. Hence why I kept my 16...
Thats just crazy how different people get different feelings from same truck.. Stock for stock I would drive the L5p over any other truck without even having to think about it.. The transmission shifting strategy is one of the reasons too, I loved it.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Hotrodder

Meh just find what you like and roll with it lots of options for the op and none are wrong