Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
I wish it was easier to keep a vehicle clean. I have a gravel driveway, and even if I don't drive something, it gets filthy from the dust blowing on it from other vehicles driving by. Then if I did put in the hours it takes to make one look nice, I would be afraid to drive it. That's why I usually just drive through a touchless car wash or a coin-op self car wash and knock off the heavy stuff. I know that sounds bad, but it is what it is.
Lol x2!!!
Used to keep my truck so clean then moved off a gravel road and just gave up
Then I had Kids whole new level of dirty lol

2005 2500 CC/SB "LLY" LTZ
Typical mods for Longevity
awaiting stuff to go BooM then replace with more go fast parts!

And a few other retired Duramax's
06 360k aka Hog truck
07 320k aka Shop truck
07 340k Flatbed spare welding rig
Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Hotrodder

Chemical Guys Black Light wax has been the best thing I have used on dark paint. I haven't ceramic coated anything personally, but if it holds up it would be nice.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Hotrodder

I wouldnít use ceramic wax with what it cost to have it done. Hell even if you get some swirl marks they buff out. You spill a little diesel while fueling like a lot of guys do. Your wax is gone. You get a scratch and want to buff it out? Your wax is gone.

When I lived in am apartment. I hand washed my vehicular at the coin wash in the evening/morning when no one was around then would wax it at home with 100í of extension cord off my balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Hotrodder

I like using Collinite 845. It is easy to apply and remove. It offers a nice shine and a fair amount of durability.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Gearhead

I would use a rinseless wash and good microfiber towels. If the truck gets really filthy take it to the coin self wash, rinse off the bulk then use the rinseless wash when u get back to the apartment. I like meguiars fast finish or a good sealant from any company really but I would choose meguiars or griots. Have fun I really enjoy detailing and have thought about starting up a small business for detailing around here.
Cognito 4-6 lift
(Sold)

Awaiting new adventure
Old 03-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Boyd

Turtle wax black box kit for black. I used it on my lmm and my r6. Was the best thing i could find for black and easy to apply.
02 lb7 reg cab 4x4.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Gearhead

Ceramic coating... It will stay nice longer, easy too wash. The paint will be protected against small scratches..
Old 03-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Hotrodder

I’ve ceramic coated a bunch of vehicles and it is the way to go. It’s easy to apply ceramic coating. The hard part is correcting the paint ahead of time. And scratches or swirls you don’t take out will be locked in behind the coating and there for awhile.

Built motor, Built trans, Built front end, s480/s366, Dual pumps, 60 overs.

And all supporting mods
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Hotrodder

Default Best Exterior Detailing Products

I wouldnít say true ceramics are easy. It takes experience to get them level. I know pros that have lost their ass on them due to clouding and having to go back and strip that crap off. Multi year warranties are BS I bet without layering additional products. You can find test done on Utube none of them lasted 2 years.

I have just tried Meguiar hybrid ceramic. Itís easy to apply and layers great. Plus itís cheap. Itís only been on for a few weeks, so I donít know how long it will last. Guys are claiming it will go 6 months without layering. Even if you have to layer it itís as easy as staying it on after/during a wash and rinse it off with a good stream of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Its Me

ceramic coating would be the best option, if not adams polishes ceramic paste coating is awesome and so is their ceramic spray coating. if you have any self wash car washes near you just bring a bucket and your own supplies that is what im having to do now, and a grit guard is also a must!
4 inch MBRP straight pipe
suncoast built trans
efi live by Pela Motorsports
Airdog2 4g 165
Exergy stock replacement injectors
ARP head studs
Stealth 64 G2
Old 03-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Hotrodder

Adam ceramic spray looks to be a joke from the reviews I have seen. It a shame they make lots of other great products though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk