Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Default 01-03 Allison in a 05

So paid $4500 for a built LLY trans and got it installed it and found out as i was connecting the cooler lines that itís a 01-03 trans. Canít return it as bought it off a guy on here and it was a few years ago.

So i ordered fleece lines to fix my line issue now Iím stuck with the whole G solenoid not being in the 01-03 trans and will thus cause a code? Iím not sure if it will cause other issues or not.

Can it be programmed out? Do i just swap harnesses out of my 05 trans and tie up the g sol?

Any other issues Iíll run into? The nsbu was right and everything else has bolted up right.

Iím hoping it can be programmed out simply or a simple solution thanks for any help guys.

Legal Disclaimer: My comments on this board are based on my personal experiences and life lessons. Don't try this at home. Your mileage may vary. Model shown includes options. Past performance does not reflect actual capability or intelligence. I'm off my meds. Don't listen to a thing I say, you've been warned
Old 01-29-2018, 11:34 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantArms View Post
So paid $4500 for a built LLY trans and got it installed it and found out as i was connecting the cooler lines that itís a 01-03 trans. Canít return it as bought it off a guy on here and it was a few years ago.

So i ordered fleece lines to fix my line issue now Iím stuck with the whole G solenoid not being in the 01-03 trans and will thus cause a code? Iím not sure if it will cause other issues or not.

Can it be programmed out? Do i just swap harnesses out of my 05 trans and tie up the g sol?

Any other issues Iíll run into? The nsbu was right and everything else has bolted up right.

Iím hoping it can be programmed out simply or a simple solution thanks for any help guys.
Swap the vavlebodys
Old 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Billy The Kid

Itís really simple, just flash a 03 OS in. It wonít be looking for the G solenoid therefore no code, no light, no worries. I have several if you need one. Recommend a Fast Relearn via Tech 2 after you Full Flash the 03 OS in though.
Tuned by Unleashed Duramax Tuning
Crenshaw Ranch, LLC. 8LB7s, 7LLYs, 1LBZ , 2LMMs, 1L5P
Thanks to Evan@Limitless and AJ Hynick aka IOWA LLY
Old 01-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by $chultz38 View Post
Swap the vavlebodys
If i do that Iíll have swap a lot of the mods too

Legal Disclaimer: My comments on this board are based on my personal experiences and life lessons. Don't try this at home. Your mileage may vary. Model shown includes options. Past performance does not reflect actual capability or intelligence. I'm off my meds. Don't listen to a thing I say, you've been warned
Old 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickLL7Crenshaw View Post
Itís really simple, just flash a 03 OS in. It wonít be looking for the G solenoid therefore no code, no light, no worries. I have several if you need one. Recommend a Fast Relearn via Tech 2 after you Full Flash the 03 OS in though.
Iíll need a tech 2 to put the 03 OS in correct?

Old 01-29-2018, 11:51 AM
Hotrodder

You can flash it in with Efi Live
Old 01-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Hotrodder

Do yo have a V2 or do you have an autocal?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Limp Mode Cowboy

All i have is an auto cal

Old 01-29-2018, 12:37 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

have you opened the pan up and verified the vb doesnt have the solenoid? just because teh bell housing has the older style connections does not mean it hadnt been swapped at some point. its literally just a matter of changing the fitting out in the bell housing to make different years work. the fact it has a LLY NSBU makes me think internally it will have the correct VB and wiring. you will need to open it up and look.

Worse case, i would buy a NEW internal harness for LLY and zip tie up the g solenoid. wont hurt anything that way (ran mine that way for a couple years before changing to the 6 speed). i say new harness because they are relativley cheap and they all like to start leaking into the main plug back there. you dont really know condition so it is only one more thing not to worry about.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
have you opened the pan up and verified the vb doesnt have the solenoid? just because teh bell housing has the older style connections does not mean it hadnt been swapped at some point. its literally just a matter of changing the fitting out in the bell housing to make different years work. the fact it has a LLY NSBU makes me think internally it will have the correct VB and wiring. you will need to open it up and look.

Worse case, i would buy a NEW internal harness for LLY and zip tie up the g solenoid. wont hurt anything that way (ran mine that way for a couple years before changing to the 6 speed). i say new harness because they are relativley cheap and they all like to start leaking into the main plug back there. you dont really know condition so it is only one more thing not to worry about.
I dropped the pan to verify Iíll look into the harness

Old 01-29-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I dropped the pan to verify Iíll look into the harness
i think you should take this trans to a reputable builder and have it disassembled. there are warning signs popping up and it would be really craptastic to put all that work into swapping it only to run into more issues that could be build or part related internally.
James

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 01-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Hotrodder

I've flashed in the older OS to kill the cel several times, no issues whatsoever. As long as that is the only prob.

Your OS is looking for the solenoid and it isn't there. With the older operating system it wont look for it. You can full flash the AL5 with EFILive 7.5 and be rolling.

1970 Chevelle Duramax Hot Rod, '04 LB7/TH400-gear vendor, S475/factory IHI, 65% inj, 10 mil pump, SoCal AF cam, Valve springs, Push Rods, LBZ rods..... 10 sec cruzer :-)

2002 2500HD LLY 6 speed ally conversion
Old 01-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
i think you should take this trans to a reputable builder and have it disassembled. there are warning signs popping up and it would be really craptastic to put all that work into swapping it only to run into more issues that could be build or part related internally.
Honestly at this point i just need the truck to be out the garage i leave in a week and wife doesnít like her car being parked outside. I just want to get it driving and will take it to sun last this summer more than likely

Old 01-29-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Honestly at this point i just need the truck to be out the garage i leave in a week and wife doesnít like her car being parked outside. I just want to get it driving and will take it to sun last this summer more than likely
Well thats hoping that it moves once hooked up! but fingers crossed. hopefully it all goes smooth from here
James

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 01-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Limp Mode Cowboy

Quote:
Well thats hoping that it moves once hooked up! but fingers crossed. hopefully it all goes smooth from here
Yea foreal if it doesnít Iíll use the wifeís car to pull it out the garage haha