RDL Y-bridge
166,000 miles
Sold

2003 C&C lb7/zf6
276,000 miles
LBZ/ZF6/4x4 Conversion
Old 04-18-2018, 05:28 AM
Heavy & Slow

You take 10 minutes to write a rant, but still won't answer even the basic question of "What does the temperature gauge show?" ROFLOL

I give up, I tried to be helpful. Like Tom said, why wouldn't you have a scan tool? You can use a phone and a $30 Bluetooth adapter if nothing else. A clone Tech2 is $300. What many people do is use a friend's scan tool, but I'm sensing you have a hard time making friends

If you're that hard up for money, you could have just replaced the temperature sensor and seen what happens. Hell, it's all of twelve dollars.

These are the costs of owning a used vehicle. Want a truck that doesn't require any diagnosis, or replacing $12 parts (the horror!)? Them go get a new one with a warranty.

Last edited by DAVe3283; 04-18-2018 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Added link to super expensive $12 temperature sensor
Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

Ok, so lets back this up.

Dave gave you the place to start, even gave you a crude way to help you diagnose it. That coolant temp sensor is vital, moreso than most sensors. When it starts to go bad, weird things like you describe start to happen.

But, that buzzing noise could be the FPR failing, too. I had one in the past that would buzz at idle. It still worked ok, though....but I replaced it.

So get a scan tool, monitor coolant temp and also check fuel pressure desired/actual. Come back to us with data after you've done those things. We'll go from there.
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)

Last edited by TheBac; 04-18-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 AM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwodiesel View Post
And how the **** does that shit apply to me?? I post a question.... wait for days with no response, and the minute i try a different route, im an asshole.Of course the big Bad hallway monitor has to be ignorant about it. Takes the time to scour the posts looking for repeats but counldnt take a minute to point a guy in the right direction. Maybe some
Of us dont have a 1200 efi lisense, or access to a scanner asap. Well i dont. I have to wait two weeks to get in to a shop and i dont have another truck to drive

Its almost like some people juat wanna badger other people..... pounce on them for not knowing everything there is to know about the almighty DURAMAX DIESEL FORUM. Like I said. Theres more forums and other ways for me to try to remedy my situation while i wait. Thanks none the less, but I came to this forum to try and resolve my problems, but instead ended up in a jam with the “forum bouncers”. I guess I can assume every memeber is like that, and maybe that all thsi really is a place for people to brag, showoff how big their dick is (i mean how many hp they got), and to take out “their” bad day on someone else.......but not to potentially help a guy find out something he doesnt know, or even remotely have a normal interaction with another person who knows more about dmax trucks than myself. All I found here is that I must qualify.

Thanks anyways.
Ill just wait the reat of the two weeks,
And walk where i gotta go. Sounds easier than trying to deal with this ****ing bullshit.
knock off the whiny bull shit and either listen to these guys as they try to help you or beat feet. the fact they still are trying to help you is beyond me. Anymore of this crap and you will get a vacation regardless
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Daggum farm truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwodiesel View Post
And how the **** does that shit apply to me?? I post a question.... wait for days with no response, and the minute i try a different route, im an asshole.Of course the big Bad hallway monitor has to be ignorant about it. Takes the time to scour the posts looking for repeats but counldnt take a minute to point a guy in the right direction. Maybe some
Of us dont have a 1200 efi lisense, or access to a scanner asap. Well i dont. I have to wait two weeks to get in to a shop and i dont have another truck to drive

Its almost like some people juat wanna badger other people..... pounce on them for not knowing everything there is to know about the almighty DURAMAX DIESEL FORUM. Like I said. Theres more forums and other ways for me to try to remedy my situation while i wait. Thanks none the less, but I came to this forum to try and resolve my problems, but instead ended up in a jam with the “forum bouncers”. I guess I can assume every memeber is like that, and maybe that all thsi really is a place for people to brag, showoff how big their dick is (i mean how many hp they got), and to take out “their” bad day on someone else.......but not to potentially help a guy find out something he doesnt know, or even remotely have a normal interaction with another person who knows more about dmax trucks than myself. All I found here is that I must qualify.

Thanks anyways.
Ill just wait the reat of the two weeks,
And walk where i gotta go. Sounds easier than trying to deal with this ****ing bullshit.
I don't understand why you think anyone here owes you anything. Dave responded to your post very soon after it was made, and you glossed over his questions without really answering him. If you don't put in the work, we can't help you, and if you get an attitude like you have now, we won't want to help you. This is a forum full of gearhead hotrodders who happen to know a lot about all kinds of stuff, duramaxes in particular. We have the knowledge here to help you out, but if you aren't willing to help yourself, our knowledge is pretty useless. Hopefully you will take the time off I have given you to take a deep breath and calm down. When you come back, if you come back, maybe we can start over and figure out what is going on with your truck.

06 Express 2500 Duramax Van "The Dumpster"

Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 AM
Hotrodder

Good bye and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 CCSB LT LB7 deleted

Some cool stuff, some fast stuff, some slow stuff
EFI by Kory

Special thanks to Evan@Limitless
Old 04-19-2018, 07:25 PM
FNG

I had just signed up yesterday and have read some of these forms, and I would like to know why almost everybody act like smart asses and think they know everything, There are some guys out there that think they know everything and while other guys would like to learn from some of these posts to be helpful from this web site, so why are these people being straight out ass holes..... Makes no sense...
Old 04-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny.a44 View Post
I had just signed up yesterday and have read some of these forms, and I would like to know why almost everybody act like smart asses and think they know everything, There are some guys out there that think they know everything and while other guys would like to learn from some of these posts to be helpful from this web site, so why are these people being straight out ass holes..... Makes no sense...
Nobody acted like an ass in this thread except the o/p after his threads got merged. You give attitude, you get attitude.

Most new members coming on here nowadays treat this forum like the "fixya.com" sites where some tech gets paid to answer their questions. This is not that. This is a collection of hotrodders and Dmax enthusiasts who hang out together, and give of their knowledge to others.
The newbies, for the most part, do not care about that aspect of the site -- they just want to take the information and will never give back or contribute in any way.
When someone demands help and treats the membership like they owe them something, well....we dont take that very well.
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the fun little DD
"The Bigger Boat" -- 2011 Workhorse P700 - 6.0LS/Allison - what I drive at work

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!" -- mufflerguy (yb)

Last edited by TheBac; 04-19-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Hotrodder

This is a good forum. Bought my first dmax 3 years and looked for answers. Had issues from the get go. But smart people on this forum helped me out. The problem I think is people ask a question and don't have a clue what ther doing. They are just trying to save money and looking for the easy answer. It's a diesel. It cost money. I've pissed off people on here but they still help. And now I know these some what I try and return the favor.